[SOLVED] Computer monitor is not recognized after shutting down or putting computer to sleep, what are some possible solutions?

Guccccci

Honorable
Mar 17, 2015
My computer has been working fine until today. After I put my computer to sleep or shut it down, I turn it on again and it does not recognize my monitors, telling me that no display is detected. The computer is on, fans are spinning, but monitors are just blank. I have to force restart my computer, and only then will it recognize my monitors. My monitors are an Asus VG248QE connected to an RTX 2060 graphics card. Motherboard is an msi pro series z270 crossfire. On the motherboard, the ez debug light is on. I have tried reconnecting the display adaptors, connecting my monitors to my motherboard instead of my graphics card(removed graphics card from motherboard), and removing and reinserting the RAM sticks.

Solution
I have removed the CMOS battery and reinserted it after 5 mins (I believe this was one way to clear CMOS according to some youtube videos). The problem still persists....

The ez debug on my motherboard shows a light on the "cpu" label, and I have reinstalled my cpu as well, but still no fix.
Just to be clear, your computer was unplugged when you cleared the CMOS?

From the MSI website - Try removing everything on the motherboard except the CPU, CPU fan and a single stick of RAM (installed in the second DIMM slot from the CPU socket). Remove all the external peripherals such as USB devices, USB flash drive, Hard drives and PCI-e cards. Try booting the computer; if it can be powered on normally, then the problem may come from one...

Guccccci

Honorable
Mar 17, 2015
Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
I have removed the CMOS battery and reinserted it after 5 mins (I believe this was one way to clear CMOS according to some youtube videos). The problem still persists....

The ez debug on my motherboard shows a light on the "cpu" label, and I have reinstalled my cpu as well, but still no fix.

Just to be clear, your computer was unplugged when you cleared the CMOS?

From the MSI website - Try removing everything on the motherboard except the CPU, CPU fan and a single stick of RAM (installed in the second DIMM slot from the CPU socket). Remove all the external peripherals such as USB devices, USB flash drive, Hard drives and PCI-e cards. Try booting the computer; if it can be powered on normally, then the problem may come from one of the peripherals. Add the peripherals one at a time to determine which device or cable is causing the issue.

https://www.msi.com/support/technical_details/MB_Boot_No_Display

Solution