Computer monitor shuts off and pc suddenly shuts down if bumped

Jun 14, 2018
Ok so this is a new problem that been happening for a week now. My monitor randomly goes black, and acts as if it’s in sleep mode. I have tried a second monitor, different HDMI cables, nothing fixes it. Whenever it disconnects the computer won’t restart or turn off and I have to hold the power button down to disconnect all power to it. The monitor also turns black if I move the pc, bump into it with my leg or if I am removing or inserting a USB key into the front of the case.

This morning I downloaded the latest driver to see if that would work. After this if I bumped into my pc It would suddenly shut down and power on again. I tried playing PUBG and after this driver update I got an error saying ‘Display Driver Windows kernel mode driver version (whatever the version was) has stopped responding but has recovered’. I honestly dont know what’s happening. Please help me! Thanks

Solution
If you bump it and these things happen there is a bad connection somewhere.

If it were me....I would unplug...open the case and go through everything...by this I mean disconnect....inspect....and reconnect every cable/card/anything you can.
If you bump it and these things happen there is a bad connection somewhere.

If it were me....I would unplug...open the case and go through everything...by this I mean disconnect....inspect....and reconnect every cable/card/anything you can.

Solution