Question Computer (new build) not booting on screen

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jqjKjy - list of components

When computer turns on, nothing pops up on the monitor so I can boot into the bios. The computer starts with fans running fine, no error beep. Lights are on on the motherboard. I have tried...

-Made sure CPU was seated correctly
-Changed out the sticks of memory (tried each in the first slot)
-Tried 2 different graphics cards
-Made sure monitor was on correct display
-Tried display port directly into monitor (with graphics cards out)
-Tried another monitor
-Tried changing out the memory sticks in every slot

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Take the system back apart and breadboard it outside the case. Set the board on an insulated surface and connect just CPU/cooler, 1 stk RAM in first slot (as May be req if running a single stk), PSU, monitor to iGPU. Nothing else. Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the case's power button would connect to. See if you get a display. If not, I would be inclined to say the board is bad. The BIOS shouldn't be an issue, since the initial BIOS released with that board was compatible with the i7-8700K.

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Take the system back apart and breadboard it outside the case. Set the board on an insulated surface and connect just CPU/cooler, 1 stk RAM in first slot (as May be req if running a single stk), PSU, monitor to iGPU. Nothing else. Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the case's power button would connect to. See if you get a display. If not, I would be inclined to say the board is bad. The BIOS shouldn't be an issue, since the initial BIOS released with that board was compatible with the i7-8700K.

Thanks for the reply, I will try this later.