[SOLVED] Computer no longer booting into windows

Dec 23, 2019
I recently built my second pc, installed everything and it worked perfectly fine for a couple of weeks, until I turned off my computer, when I powered it on again first the American Megatrends page appeared with the notice that I had 0 drives and 3 keyboards installed, then it proceeded to boot into BIOS instead of Windows. Now it just boots directly into BIOS, the notice only appeared that first time. I have tried unplugging all the external devices and the problem persists, I know its not a problem with the SSD Drive because the SATA power cable works fine, and in BIOS the SSD is recognized, but there are no BOOT devices or options that BIOS recognizes. I've tried reseting the BIOS to the default settings and plugging the SSD into a different SATA port but nothing is working. Also I don't think that any update had to do with it because when I powered it off there were none scheduled and since I built it very recently everything was updated.

Solution
So update, I just tried to reinstall windows, but when it booted into the Flash drive with windows, I selected the option to repair the computer, which allowed me to access troubleshoot options and after attempting a System Image Backup, in the advanced options, install a driver, it allowed me to browse all of my intact files so clearly no data was wiped. Also strange, browsing my files in this option, in the This PC the Local disk was no longer labeled "(C: )" but rather "(E: )", and apart form the USB and the boot program a fourth disk appeared "System Reserved (C: )" which is apparently has 125 MB free out of the 578 MB capacity, but when opened only has a text document with a size of 0 KB named "Recovery". I am now more...
I recently built my second pc, installed everything and it worked perfectly fine for a couple of weeks, until I turned off my computer, when I powered it on again first the American Megatrends page appeared with the notice that I had 0 drives and 3 keyboards installed, then it proceeded to boot into BIOS instead of Windows. Now it just boots directly into BIOS, the notice only appeared that first time. I have tried unplugging all the external devices and the problem persists, I know its not a problem with the SSD Drive because the SATA power cable works fine, and in BIOS the SSD is recognized, but there are no BOOT devices or options that BIOS recognizes. I've tried reseting the BIOS to the default settings and plugging the SSD into a different SATA port but nothing is working. Also I don't think that any update had to do with it because when I powered it off there were none scheduled and since I built it very recently everything was updated.
Sounds like for some reason the drive just wiped itself basically some how did it get place near a magnet at any point in accident you but just be stick needing to do a fresh install of windows

Dec 23, 2019
Sounds like for some reason the drive just wiped itself basically some how did it get place near a magnet at any point in accident you but just be stick needing to do a fresh install of windows
So update, I just tried to reinstall windows, but when it booted into the Flash drive with windows, I selected the option to repair the computer, which allowed me to access troubleshoot options and after attempting a System Image Backup, in the advanced options, install a driver, it allowed me to browse all of my intact files so clearly no data was wiped. Also strange, browsing my files in this option, in the This PC the Local disk was no longer labeled "(C: )" but rather "(E: )", and apart form the USB and the boot program a fourth disk appeared "System Reserved (C: )" which is apparently has 125 MB free out of the 578 MB capacity, but when opened only has a text document with a size of 0 KB named "Recovery". I am now more confused

mgxrder07

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
So update, I just tried to reinstall windows, but when it booted into the Flash drive with windows, I selected the option to repair the computer, which allowed me to access troubleshoot options and after attempting a System Image Backup, in the advanced options, install a driver, it allowed me to browse all of my intact files so clearly no data was wiped. Also strange, browsing my files in this option, in the This PC the Local disk was no longer labeled "(C: )" but rather "(E: )", and apart form the USB and the boot program a fourth disk appeared "System Reserved (C: )" which is apparently has 125 MB free out of the 578 MB capacity, but when opened only has a text document with a size of 0 KB named "Recovery". I am now more confused

okay so what looks to have happened is something changed your c drive into e witch would confuse the bios and not letting post to windows what i would do is back all of your files up and do a clean install of windows most pcs when loading the image is f8 or f2 then reformat the drive you wish to have the os in stalled and make sure when you back up to do a very thorough virus scan to avoid the same issue could be malware get the free trial and use it on your pc it does wonders

Solution