Hello, about 2 years ago I built my desktop and it's been working fine. However, when I turned it on tonight my monitor remained in power saver mode with no output. Looking at the motherboard (Gigabyte Gaming 3) the VGA light was on and, on closer inspection the fans of the GPU would stop a few seconds after pressing the power button. The lights of the GPUs are both on however. I've tried some trouble shooting and am a bit stumped. No changes were made to hardware, software, or drivers between now and last night when I used it last. Here's what I've tried so far for testing:
- Basic checks: Ensuring that GPU, ram, power cables are properly seated (at both ends for cables).
- Tested both GTX 1080 TI (original card) and GTX 1070 with same result (VGA light on, no output to monitor detected).
- Tried second PCIe slot with both cards: same result.
- Tried second PCIe power cable from PSU for both cards (using same cable for both power inputs for GTX 1080 TI). Same result.
- Unplugged both DIMMs and tried a single stick for both sticks. Same result.
- Reset CMOS using both battery and jumper. Same result.
- Tested display port cable and monitor by connecting to laptop. Monitor detected and output successful.
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3
- CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
- RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
- GPU: MSI GTX 1080 TI Gaming X / EVGA GTX 1070 SC
- Storage: WD Black 256GB Performance SSD (System files) / WD Blue 1 TB SATA (general storage)