[SOLVED] computer no longer supports 1080p on VGA

Aug 26, 2021
So I've been using my PC on dual screen for over a year now. I use one monitor with HDMI cable and the other with VGA cable connected to Displayport adapter.
One morning I turned on my computer and the pc was not detecting the vga/DP monitor.
So I just updated my graphics drivers (RTX 2070 SUPER).

The PC now detects the monitor but it no longer supports 1080p (Tried to change resolution but the option for anything higher than 1080x1024 is just not there.
I tried to roll back the graphics driver and it just goes back to not detecting the monitor at all.
I've tried to switch the cables between the 2 monitors to see if its the monitor, but both works with HDMI and neither works with VGA.

This is a strange issue and I've never encountered this before. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
So I've been using my PC on dual screen for over a year now. I use one monitor with HDMI cable and the other with VGA cable connected to Displayport adapter.
One morning I turned on my computer and the pc was not detecting the vga/DP monitor.
So I just updated my graphics drivers (RTX 2070 SUPER).

The PC now detects the monitor but it no longer supports 1080p (Tried to change resolution but the option for anything higher than 1080x1024 is just not there.
I tried to roll back the graphics driver and it just goes back to not detecting the monitor at all.
I've tried to switch the cables between the 2 monitors to see if its the monitor, but both works with HDMI and neither works with VGA.

This is a strange issue and I've never encountered this before. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Why use dp -> VGA when you could use dp -> HDMI and get a better picture? Throw out that VGA adapter.

TRENDING THREADS