Computer no longer works after updating drivers

munchy24

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
I am not extremely tech savvy so I realize that I had probably made some troubleshooting mistakes in this situation, but bare with me and please help as I am extremely frustrated and running out of options.

A few days ago I got BSOD on my computer. I didn't really worry about but I looked up the error and a solution was to try updating my drivers. To do this quickly I downloaded a software called Driver Booster to see if it could help me out. I updated all my 11 out of date drivers and then restarted my computer as it told me to do. When it restarted I logged in only to find out I couldn't do anything. I could open programs or do anything on my desktop or task bar, even my start up programs weren't opening and my mouse was being extremely unresponsive. So I turned off my computer and turned it back on. This time however, I wouldn't even get to the login screen I just stayed on that loading screen with the spinning circles. I then tried to start in safe mode and got nothing, and every time I tried to turn on my computer it would just infinitely load. Every now and then it would stop loading due to a different BSOD' too.

I decided to just reinstall windows. So i got on my laptop plugged in a flash drive and created a bootable windows 10 installation with the media creation tool. Plugged it in to my computer, formatted and cleaned the drive windows was previously installed on and began the installation. You would think windows installed and I lived happily ever after, thats not the case.

The installation would reach phase 2 and then say "Windows Installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation Error Code: 0xC0000005" I tried again with no luck so I plugged it back into my laptop and tried the media creation tool again and ended up getting the same error when trying to install windows 10. I am running out of options of what to do and really need some help. Thank you in advance.

If this happened to me, I'd restore from a full system backup I made before problems started. If you didn't make a backup, now you've hopefully seen why you should in the future. If you have no backup, do a Google search with this arguement:
0xC0000005 "Windows 10" .
================

When I did this, I got results at this address: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/feature-update-to-windows-10-version-1709-error/384de0c4-f36c-42f2-b948-e7f2149e8ec4

In the future, only get your drivers from your manufacturer.