Jul 10, 2020
My old system specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g
Asrock b450m hdv r4.0
GeForce 1650 super
Patriot viper steel memory 2x8gb
550w psu

The new cpu is the Ryzen 5 1600 af
I checked compatibility in asrock website and they said that motherboard was compatible with the new cpu.

I already tried taking out the cmos battery, resetting the jumpers. I can provide more information if you need

Solution
Use your old CPU to check BIOS version and make sure it is sufficiently recent to support the AF if you haven't done so already. If AF requires a newer BIOS than what is installed, update BIOS and try again.
My old system specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g
Asrock b450m hdv r4.0
GeForce 1650 super
Patriot viper steel memory 2x8gb
550w psu

The new cpu is the Ryzen 5 1600 af
I checked compatibility in asrock website and they said that motherboard was compatible with the new cpu.

I already tried taking out the cmos battery, resetting the jumpers. I can provide more information if you need
Based on your motherboard website 2200g supported with all bios versions but to use 1600 AF you need P3.70 or later probably you have an outated bios version that dont support the CPU.

Jul 10, 2020
Use your old CPU to check BIOS version and make sure it is sufficiently recent to support the AF if you haven't done so already. If AF requires a newer BIOS than what is installed, update BIOS and try again.
Based on your motherboard website 2200g supported with all bios versions but to use 1600 AF you need P3.70 or later probably you have an outated bios version that dont support the CPU.

thank you both! That was the problem