[SOLVED] Computer not accepting USB mice

Mar 22, 2022
I have deleted and reinstalled the drivers for this mouse that I have been using. Plugging this mouse into another computer makes it work fine, so I'm thinking its the computer's problem. The mouse I normally use does not work in any of my three USB ports and trying a new, never used mouse, still does not work. Any Ideas?

Solution
I have deleted and reinstalled the drivers for this mouse that I have been using. Plugging this mouse into another computer makes it work fine, so I'm thinking its the computer's problem. The mouse I normally use does not work in any of my three USB ports and trying a new, never used mouse, still does not work. Any Ideas?

ASUS Model GL702V

Is this what you are looking for? The Mouse has a "UWFY" and it light up but it is a very cheap $5 mouse, but I have a second one which is brand new which doesn't work with my laptop either.

The below link is to the ASUS Model GL702V Series of laptops. I would install the latest Chipset & Pointing Device drivers first followed by the BIOS. If that doesn't work, chances are the...
For my computer or mouse? To be clear this is a laptop
In the future then, that would be helpful to know from the start because most users here, unless they are specifically posting in the laptops section, are working on desktops. Regardless, always helpful on ANY forum.

And yes, it's probably important to know what the model of the laptop is as well. The SPECIFIC model, which is usually listed either on the specifications decal on the bottom of the laptop or under the battery in the removeable battery compartment. Knowing what mouse it is wouldn't hurt either.

Mar 22, 2022
In the future then, that would be helpful to know from the start because most users here, unless they are specifically posting in the laptops section, are working on desktops. Regardless, always helpful on ANY forum.

And yes, it's probably important to know what the model of the laptop is as well. The SPECIFIC model, which is usually listed either on the specifications decal on the bottom of the laptop or under the battery in the removeable battery compartment. Knowing what mouse it is wouldn't hurt either.

ASUS Model GL702V

Is this what you are looking for? The Mouse has a "UWFY" and it light up but it is a very cheap $5 mouse, but I have a second one which is brand new which doesn't work with my laptop either.

GL702V and GL702VS are the series, not the model. In order to find the correct drivers to make sure all USB functions are working correctly, especially if there have been Windows updates done recently that may have broken your USB or mouse support, we need to know the exact model.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021

ASUS Model GL702V

The below link is to the ASUS Model GL702V Series of laptops. I would install the latest Chipset & Pointing Device drivers first followed by the BIOS. If that doesn't work, chances are the usb connectors on the Mainboard of the laptop is broken.

Solution
The below link is to the ASUS Model GL702V Series of laptops. I would install the latest Chipset & Pointing Device drivers first followed by the BIOS. If that doesn't work, chances are the usb connectors on the Mainboard of the laptop is broken.

Hard to do that if you don't know exactly which model you have. In any given series there might be anywhere from two to five or more different models that all require entirely different chipset, storage controller, audio or network adapter drivers based on what motherboard chipset and other onboard hardware was included for THAT specific model. You can't just get drivers for "GL702V" laptops and think they are all going to be the same.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Hard to do that if you don't know exactly which model you have. In any given series there might be anywhere from two to five or more different models that all require entirely different chipset, storage controller, audio or network adapter drivers based on what motherboard chipset and other onboard hardware was included for THAT specific model. You can't just get drivers for "GL702V" laptops and think they are all going to be the same.

Point taken. I stand corrected but at least the link will point him to the ASUS driver support page.

Reactions: Darkbreeze