[SOLVED] Computer not booting 'boot system failed because required device is inaccessible'

Shmichael

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2016
Hi all

My computer started slowing down about a year ago with booting and running, have all my os and stuff on an SSD and used to be booted in a couple of seconds and slowly decayed to nearly five minutes. I know I should have done something about it sooner but I'm a really busy student and just didn't have the time or money too. But now it's got so much worse, its either showing the error 'boot system failed because required device is inaccessible' or eventually booting over like half an hour to an hour, and when it's on its very slow. It use to always be slow on either the screen directly after you can open the bios or after logging in, but now it's slow everywhere.

It's a pretty decent computer which I built from before I was a student and had time to play games on it all the time. I'm thinking maybe the SSD has decayed but honestly I'm so stumped here.

My specs are a

gigabyte 970a-ds3p motherboard
AMD FX 8350 CPU (this is old and I'm sure need upgrading, but I've constantly put it off because I'd have to swap out my motherboard too)
Gtx 1660 GPU
A 250gb SSD (think is samsung 850 Evo) which I reserve for os (windows 10) and softwares I use a lot
And a 1 tb harddrive for everything else.

I really don't know what the problem is and what needs to be done, and have an essay due next week which I was planning to do today but aren't going to be able to.

If people have any advice or need anymore information to help I'd be so thankfull.

Solution
download "diskinfo64" and it will tell you if your hard drive is bad.
but first click on "ctrl,alt and delete" and click "task manager.. ", and go to start up , and disable all programes you dont need opening when you first boot up. .. but also run "antivirus" or "antimalware" programme, viruses or malware would slow you down...

also you should back up any info you want saved from the slowing drive., to your backup drive. so if your main drive fails you would have saved the date which you can re-add to a new drive when you install one.
Hi all

My computer started slowing down about a year ago with booting and running, have all my os and stuff on an SSD and used to be booted in a couple of seconds and slowly decayed to nearly five minutes. I know I should have done something about it sooner but I'm a really busy student and just didn't have the time or money too. But now it's got so much worse, its either showing the error 'boot system failed because required device is inaccessible' or eventually booting over like half an hour to an hour, and when it's on its very slow. It use to always be slow on either the screen directly after you can open the bios or after logging in, but now it's slow everywhere.

It's a pretty decent computer which I built from before I was a student and had time to play games on it all the time. I'm thinking maybe the SSD has decayed but honestly I'm so stumped here.

My specs are a

gigabyte 970a-ds3p motherboard
AMD FX 8350 CPU (this is old and I'm sure need upgrading, but I've constantly put it off because I'd have to swap out my motherboard too)
Gtx 1660 GPU
A 250gb SSD (think is samsung 850 Evo) which I reserve for os (windows 10) and softwares I use a lot
And a 1 tb harddrive for everything else.

I really don't know what the problem is and what needs to be done, and have an essay due next week which I was planning to do today but aren't going to be able to.

If people have any advice or need anymore information to help I'd be so thankfull.
You need to check your disk, it or windows may be corrupted.

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
download "diskinfo64" and it will tell you if your hard drive is bad.
but first click on "ctrl,alt and delete" and click "task manager.. ", and go to start up , and disable all programes you dont need opening when you first boot up. .. but also run "antivirus" or "antimalware" programme, viruses or malware would slow you down...

also you should back up any info you want saved from the slowing drive., to your backup drive. so if your main drive fails you would have saved the date which you can re-add to a new drive when you install one.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution