Computer not booting, gets stuck at Windows 10 logo.

myaccount1234

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
Computer was working and Internet stopped working, so I restarted computer and now it won't boot. Keyboard and mouse light turns off when booting up and HDD light stops. What is wrong with it. The computer did one time make it to then login screen with the date and time but then went back too windows logo boot screen.Here is a video.http://

Solution
Hi there myaccount1234,

Can you boot up into safe mode? If you can do that, then I would suggest you to back up all the data stored on the drive.
After that, you can run start up repair. You have an OS CD right?

If you manage to fix it, then it may be a good idea to run some HDD testing tool, so you can check the drive's health status out.

Let me know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there myaccount1234,

Can you boot up into safe mode? If you can do that, then I would suggest you to back up all the data stored on the drive.
After that, you can run start up repair. You have an OS CD right?

If you manage to fix it, then it may be a good idea to run some HDD testing tool, so you can check the drive's health status out.

Let me know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
If your computer isn't booting then you're having issues with your Boot Manager which is responsible for loading you into Windows.

You'll need to either run Startup Repair; or if that doesn't work you'll need to re-install the OS.

Either way, I'd recommend you back your computer up in case it happens again. Use either a disk imager (i.e. Macrium Reflect) or a snapshot tool (i.e. RollBack Rx)

myaccount1234

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from myaccount1234 : "Past three days computer would not boot;yesterday in the BIOS I disabled LAN and WLAN, now it booted."

This is a update on my last question.
Computer was working an suddenly Internet stopped working, so I restarted computer and now it won't boot. Keyboard and mouse light turns off when booting up and HDD light stops. What is wrong with it. The computer did one time make it to then login screen with the date and time but then went back too windows logo boot screen.Here is a video.http://
Why is the computer booting with LAN and WLAN disabled?