Question Computer not booting outside of US

Sep 25, 2019
Hello all, today my computer stopped booting, no lights on the motherboard or anything. There are a few things that could have caused this so I am wondering the best way to begin to diagnose and fix the issue.

Background: 2 days ago everything was running smoothly in the US. Yesterday I flew to Peru. There are weight limits on single packages so I had to remove the power supply and a GPU while traveling. Arrive in Peru, put it back together and go to boot it. Everything lights up and I boot it up but no display. I quickly realized that was because I had forgotten to plug the power into the gpu I took out for the flight. I shut down, plug in the power to the gpu but forgot to switch off the power supply.

I boot it up again but still no display. Thinking maybe it has to do with having three gpus (something I went through earlier and was able to fix) I wasn’t super worried, figured I’d take a break and come back to it. I turned everything off, switched off the power supply and left for 30 minutes. I came back, plugged in, switched on the power supply and no lights on the motherboard. It wouldn’t boot at all. I tried this a few times and nothing.

I’m thinking the main things that could be affecting it are:

A: The power supply: US voltage is 120v at 60hz while Peru is 220v at 60 hz and my power supply is listed as: 100 - 240 VAC, 15A, 50 - 60 Hz so I assumed I wouldn’t have been an issue. The surge protector seems to be fine, is still powering the monitor.

B: The motherboard: I messed up the board when I plugged in the gpu while the power supply wasn’t turned off.

C: Something happened during transport or reassembly. The computer was transported in a large pelican case with more than enough padding and there is no visible damage but the TSA did leave a note saying they opened the case for “inspection.”

Any thoughts on how I should approach troubleshooting this? I’m hoping it’s something silly I am overlooking and not a fried motherboard. Here are my full specs:

CPU: Intel Core i9-7960X 2.8 GHz 16-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: EVGA X299 DARK EATX LGA2066 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB M.2 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung 970 PRO 1 TB M.2 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Aorus Waterforce Xtreme
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Aorus Waterforce Xtreme
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1600 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Sep 25, 2019
Small update: The motherboard is lighting up this morning and the computer is turning on. I am using a transformer to convert the voltage down to 120 to be safe. However I still don't have a display and the motherboard is not beeping or showing any post codes. I'm reading through the no post checklist to try to narrow this down.