Question Computer not booting up

anand3g

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hi,

I have a 6 year old computer that just stopped booting. I was having random issues where it'd shut down suddenly and reboot itself. These are the relevant specs

INTEL I7-4930K 3.4 GHZ 12M LGA2011
GSKILL 8GB DDR3 1866 RIPJAWS-X MEMOR
GIGABYTE X79-UP4 QUAD CROSSFIRE/ QUAD SLI SATA 3.0
COOLERMASTER SILENT PRO GOLD1200W
AMD RADEON 7750 2GB PCI-E

Once I turn the power on - the CPU cooler fan runs. There is a blue LED on the CPU cooler that turns on. My power button has a blue light that turns on. So I'm guessing the power supply is okay. Today I bought a new GPU and switched that. Still same issue. The fans run but no POST or boot into bios.

Am I to assume my motherboard has given up the ghost? Can't exactly get a replacement - it's hyper expensive now. Is there any other troubleshooting I can do? I removed the cmos battery and then tried rebooting - no luck.

extreme_noob

Respectable
Hi,

I have a 6 year old computer that just stopped booting. I was having random issues where it'd shut down suddenly and reboot itself. These are the relevant specs

INTEL I7-4930K 3.4 GHZ 12M LGA2011
GSKILL 8GB DDR3 1866 RIPJAWS-X MEMOR
GIGABYTE X79-UP4 QUAD CROSSFIRE/ QUAD SLI SATA 3.0
COOLERMASTER SILENT PRO GOLD1200W
AMD RADEON 7750 2GB PCI-E

Once I turn the power on - the CPU cooler fan runs. There is a blue LED on the CPU cooler that turns on. My power button has a blue light that turns on. So I'm guessing the power supply is okay. Today I bought a new GPU and switched that. Still same issue. The fans run but no POST or boot into bios.

Am I to assume my motherboard has given up the ghost? Can't exactly get a replacement - it's hyper expensive now. Is there any other troubleshooting I can do? I removed the cmos battery and then tried rebooting - no luck.
Try reseating ram, booting on one stick (if you have multiple) or trying different slots. It's quite possible that your motherboard is dead, though.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS