Computer not booting when HDD is connected

sureshkondaveeti

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Hi,

First I would like thank everyone for the support in advance.

I have a Segate one TB internal hard disk which I bought about a month ago. I have Windows 7 running on my PC. Till yesterday my HDD working fine. Last I got a message on my PC saying problem detected with hard disk would you like to take a backup?

I did the defragmentation on all the drives and after some time I again got the same message. So, I rebooted the system. After shutting down, system is not coming up. I see the Intel logo and press f2 for bios and F10 for Boot menu. It does not move from there.

System is booting fine if I remove the hard disk. I tried booting from the DVD but no luck. It does not move from the Intel logo.

Please suggest me what might have gone wrong. I have data in my disk which is very important.

Awaiting your replys.

sureshkondaveeti

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

I did not get you. What do you mean reinstall your old one? You want me to re-install the OS on the hard drive?

If that is the case, my HDD is not detected in the BIOS. When it is connected, system does not move from the starting page. Nothing works. You just have to reboot and then again same issue.

When HDD is removed everything is working.

I found this link when googling:

http://forums.seagate.com/t5/Barracuda-XT-Barracuda-and/Official-st31000340as-1TB-barracuda-epic-fail-thread/td-p/14525?view=by_date_ascending

Could it be same problem?