LovinThatDTR

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
i have recently purchased a new case and was putting my parts into the new case.

once i was done putting everything together i pressed the power button and the fans would spin for half a second then turn off (along with no power to the system).

my motherboard is a MSI B450 carbon pro and my power supply is a 750w corsair (cpu ryzen 5 2600x, vengeance 16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram and GTX 1070 but i feel these parts dont play a significant role) . when i plug in the power cable to the motherboard a red light flashes in the top left

i have also unplugged the cpu power cable, ram and gpu with no success in getting the system to run

just wanted peoples opinions as to what the issue might be and what i could do to resole the situation

LovinThatDTR

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
oh and also in order to get the half second power up to work again i have to remove the 24pin connector and plug it in again. if i dont the system doesnt do anything when pressing the power button

LovinThatDTR

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
ok i assume you mean the one above the 24 pin header. if this is the case then this isnt the light that is flashing. the light flashing red (3 times may i add) is at the top left of the mobo. besides id doubt it would be a cpu issue anyway as i havent removed it from the socket anyway (since it was working) and last i checked all pins were fine