Computer not detecting graphic card(s)

tsunday

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Not sure if the reason is the Moba or not, need some solutions to try!

Been trying to fix my graphic card problems now for quite awhile. My Moba isn't detecting my graphic cards at all and I've tried with two of them. Since neither is being detected and I can't even install any drivers because the computer is telling me that there are no hardware detected I've come to the conclusion that it might be my motherboard that is acting up. However, the fan is rotating on the graphic cards when inserted and on the onboard graphic drivers the computer is somehow using the RAM from the graphic cards... apparently.

Motherboard: msi b75ma-p45
Graphic Cards: GeForce GTX550Ti / GeForce GT640

G

Have you confirmed that it is firmly in the PCI-e slot? You said you tested with 2 different GPU's, do you have another PC to test from to verify the GPUs are in fact good? If they are detected on a 2nd PC, then your motherboards PCI-e slot is bad.

tsunday

Reputable
May 23, 2014

I have a really old computer lying somewhere, but I hardly doubt that it will work on that one cause I don't think it has an PCI-E slot. However, I've already tried on a friends computer and they both appear there which is why I've come to the conclusion to that the PCI-E slot on my current computer is damaged and whatnot. But if it is damaged, should the fan still be running?

One can use VGA/HDMI/DVI and the other uses HDMI and DVI. Both can be connected properly and it's not a cable issue since the monitors work on my laptop.

Thanks for the help, I figured it was my motherboard but I just wanted clarification before I throw out money on a new one