[SOLVED] Computer not displaying after CPU upgrade

Sep 16, 2021
I just upgraded from a Ryzen 3 1300x to a Ryzen 5 5600x and now my PC won't display anything, the bios popped up once but won't show up again. I've tried updating the bios too the latest version and I've tried updating too the bios version when Ryzen 5 support was added and got the same results. the ez debug CPU LED is on.

Sorry if I can't respond too any answers or questions for a while I have to go work soon.

My specs are

Motherboard:
Msi b450-a-pro

CPU
Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU
XFX Radeon RX 570 4gb

RAM
Viper 2x 4gb DDR4 3000MHz

HDD
2TB Seagate

Solution
I first updated the bios with the 1300x installed the last two times I had the 5600x installed and used M-flash.

I didn't reset the CMOS but I will try that when I get back from work. I will update you then.

Thank you for the help.
Did the m-flash process go as expected? If so I feel fairly confident the CMOS reset should fix you up. It's essential with a hardware change like a cpu.

If not, reinstall the 1300 and update from within BIOS using it, then back to 5600 and reset CMOS again.
Sep 16, 2021
I first updated the bios with the 1300x installed the last two times I had the 5600x installed and used M-flash.

I didn't reset the CMOS but I will try that when I get back from work. I will update you then.

Thank you for the help.

Reactions: MR_BROCK

Thank you for the help.
Did the m-flash process go as expected? If so I feel fairly confident the CMOS reset should fix you up. It's essential with a hardware change like a cpu.

If not, reinstall the 1300 and update from within BIOS using it, then back to 5600 and reset CMOS again.

Solution
Sep 16, 2021

It worked! It took me like 3 hours but it worked.

Thank you guys so much for helping me.

Reactions: drea.drechsler