Question Computer not displaying image after a cooler change?

May 8, 2019
I recently swapped my cooler from a cooler master air cooler to a deepcool aio. The build went smoothly, and no issues were to be found until trying to start up the pc. Everything in my pc turns on when I press the button, but for some reason, the usb devices (keyboard, mouse, etc) don’t light up and themonitor doesn’t display an image. I’m confused on what is happening, as each time it gives me different codes, like fc and 4b/46. My system specs are listed below.

Ryzen 5 2600x
Deepcool captain 240ex rgb
Asus crosshair 6 WiFi x370
16 gbs of 3000mhz Corsair vengeance rgb pro
EVGA gtx 1060 6gb ssc2
Evga 650 bronze fully modular psu
Nzxt h500 case

Before this, the system worked fine, it’s just stopped working upon the change of a cooler.

Can you check your motherboard manual for the meaning of the codes you are getting? Asus's site is down so I don't have access to your motherboard's manual. Also, try resetting the CMOS, and make sure you have a fan plugged into the CPU_FAN header.

May 8, 2019
Can you check your motherboard manual for the meaning of the codes you are getting? Asus's site is down so I don't have access to your motherboard's manual. Also, try resetting the CMOS, and make sure you have a fan plugged into the CPU_FAN header.
The CF one wasn’t in the manual and I couldn’t find it online, and the 4b/46 had something to do with OEM when someone looked it up cause it wasn’t in the manual either. I have my cooler plugged into cpu_pump and my radiator fans plugged into a cpu_fan port.

Did you try resetting the CMOS?

Error code 46 could mean the RAM isn't seated properly, maybe try reseating it.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019
Did you try resetting the CMOS?

Error code 46 could mean the RAM isn't seated properly, maybe try reseating it.
I reseated the ram and removed the cmos battery and put it back in. Not it’s giving me error code fc

May 8, 2019
Make sure all your wires are going in the right places and the connections are tight. Make sure the CPU power connector has the correct cable plugged in, not the PCI-E power(they look the same).

Edit: You have an updated BIOS on that board, right?
I think be found the issue. I went to reseat the cooler just Incase and the cpu came out with it. Upon inspection, multiple pins on the cpu were bent, so I’m Assuming that was the issue.

I think be found the issue. I went to reseat the cooler just Incase and the cpu came out with it. Upon inspection, multiple pins on the cpu were bent, so I’m Assuming that was the issue.
The CPU is supposed to be locked into place with a lever, it shouldn't just pop out with the cooler like that. Straighten the pins(either yourself or get it done by a professional), and this time make sure the CPU is locked into place once you place it in the socket. You can watch a YouTube video on how to install the CPU in case you are not sure(watch one with an AMD CPU, not one with an Intel CPU).