Question Computer not displaying video output

skylandermcplus

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
After overclocking my RAM and my Ryzen 2700 I’ve encountered an issue for the past three days, I cannot get video from my GPU or motherboard. I know the issue was caused by the overclock because at first when I had the issue a simple popping the CMOS battery in to reset the BIOS fixed the issue. The problem is I’ve done that over fourty times now. Almost twenty of said attempts in five minute intervals following exact directions, I did another ten attempts in ten minute intervals. And now after waiting over 15 hrs before resetting my BIOS I’m getting no result.

Specs:
Ryzen 2700 - 4.2@1.375
32GB of Corsair RGB RAM Overclocked to 3200mhz, one stick is 2933 even though I ordered 3200mhz.
Motherboard - MSI BAZOOKA V2
GPU - Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8GB
PSU - EVGA 550w G3 Fully Modular
SSD - WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD
HDD - Seagate 1TB

Please help!

Edit: I forgot to mention my entire PC lights up and all that. Fans spin I think everything in my pc has some sort of RGB on which all lights up. I also forgot to mention that I have tried booting with no ram, and only one stick of RAM. I haven’t tried reseating the CPU but that’s my next and only idea. I only applied a couple of settings to my.memory, an RAM profile of some sort which I set to 3200mhz, Game boost which was already on, and the overclock to my CPU. I think I overclocked the RAM wrong considering I didn’t get any mention of XMP

Last edited:

skylandermcplus

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
No display might mean the motherboard died

It happened to me when trying to overclock Intel extreme 775
Is it possible that a motherboard is dead when it lights up and all of that, the troubleshoot code even lights up to white on it. Which it did before all of this. It also powers the RGB for my keyboard still too? If so how can I check?

ooh you need to boot in safemode and than delete your oc profile that messes up.
How do I boot my entire PC in safe mode? Isn’t that something I’d do to get into windows without other programs opening etc ? Also the settings I applied are in BIOS and I’m pretty sure I didn’t make an OC profile? I probably did it wrong considering that was my first time ever overclocking.

skylandermcplus

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
Honestly at this point I’m starting to think I fried my CPU, but that doesn’t make sense considering the voltage it was at was normal. My motherboard also has a white debug light and when looking through the manual I learned that can basically mean my CPU, RAM, or Boot device are undetected? The GPU LED isn’t lit up though. And considering I solved this issue once by resetting my CMOS battery I'm very confused.

EZ DEBUG LED
Motherboard Manual

skylandermcplus

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
I looked a little closer this afternoon and realized my CPU LED on the EZ DEBUG area was lit up. Honestly I think it’s the CPU but it could be the socket. I’m going to RMA the CPU and if it’s the socket I might RMA that as well. If anyone thinks I’m wrong or has a solution I’d appreciate it. If anyone would like to see the socket let me know.

TRENDING THREADS