Question Computer not posting after upgrading CPU

Sep 28, 2022
Hi, my computer isn’t posting after my cpu was upgraded from ryzen 5 3600 to ryzen 5 5600x. All the fans and lights turn on, including the cpu fan, but still can’t get anything to post. Pc was working normally until this change occurred

ASUS B450 AMD Ryzen 2 ATX Gaming Motherboard AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 (Prime B450-Plus)
https://a.co/d/dHlhRCB

is the motherboard and idk what bios version / i think it was up to date
Minimum BIOS version 2409 and latest BIOS is 3802. If you still have old CPU, use it to update BIO to last one.

Reactions: Sushibubba422
Sep 28, 2022
Minimum BIOS version 2409 and latest BIOS is 3802. If you still have old CPU, use it to update BIO to last one.
We’ll unfortunately while removing the old cpu i look like i bent pins so not sure what to do now

Sep 28, 2022
Another CPU would be probably cheaper, any early Ryzen or Athlon for AM4 would do it but a b550 MB may be better for 5000 Ryzen as it has more options for it although you got to be careful with them too as some earlier production MBs may also need a BIOS update.
Ok, would this work?

MB MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries Motherboard (AMD AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2, HDMI/DP, ATX) https://a.co/d/3X5F4Qy

Also is it worth the extra 20$ Versus the one that i sent
Both have Flashback button for BIOS update without compatible CPU as for price difference look at features, see which ones have more of what you need and decide yourself, performance is not an issue.
Edit:
Suggest to download manuals for both and compare features and layout. Otherwise Asus ROG Strix b550-f gaming is best of b550.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sushibubba422
Sep 28, 2022
Ok, going to get one tomorrow and see if my computer can finally post, will update and ty for your help
Both have Flashback button for BIOS update without compatible CPU as for price difference look at features, see which ones have more of what you need and decide yourself, performance is not an issue.
Edit:
Suggest to download manuals for both and compare features and layout. Otherwise Asus ROG Strix b550-f gaming is best of b550.
Hi, after the new mobile and setup all the lights are on and fans spinning but still no post. I tried adding the bios update to the flash drive and using the flash bios but still nothing. Any ideas?