Computer not POSTing for 2 months. Please help.

meme_producer666

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
So I am a 14 year old computer builder. I have owned this PC for 2 years, and the thing has been working great, but I have had a stroke of bad luck with the monitors. Anyways, I get a new monitor, and the computer works great for the next 2 days.. Until my father hits the sleep button on the keyboard, and when I try to turn on the computer, it refuses to POST.

The PSU fan was really loud, and the graphics card refused to turn on. I looked on the internet and the symptoms pointed towards the PSU being screwed up, mainly because the power supply was crappy, and therefore not powering the GPU.

Anyways, I've tried these following options:
Replacing the PSU.
Switching out the memory sticks.
Clearing CMOS.
Checking Tom's Hardware POSTing guide.
Adjusting the Front Panel connectors.
Removing HDDs.
Taking out GPU.

Anyways, I've tried my hardest and frankly, it feels kinda demoralizing. The reason I messed with the Front Panel in the first place because the LEDs on the front of the computer lit up when I turned on the PSU, on with both PSUs.

This turns to why I am on the Motherboards section, because I think I might have discharged some static and screwed up the motherboard in some way. I have checked and there are no bad connections, there are no burns or rusting on the motherboard.

At this point, I am not sure what the problem is. I really need help and I'd like to get the computer up and working as fast as possible.

Oh yeah, parts list:

Mobo: ECS KAM1- I
CPU: AMD 5350 Kabini
RAM: DDR3 1600
HDDs: 2 500 GB drives
No DVD drives
GPU: R7 250X
PSU: Corsair 450W

Solution
I think it's unlikely static screwed up the motherboard, unless there was a very noticeable spark.
It seems you have done all the proper steps to boot your system, but i think you will just have to try everything again.

1. Unplug your computer
2. Remove the video card
3. Unplug both HDD's
4. Place 1 stick of RAM in memory slot DIMM2 (try both sticks)
5. Recheck all the connections from your PSU to the motherboard
6. Clear the CMOS and boot.

meme_producer666

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
I followed your directions, and the blue light on the front panel came on, which I think means it is POSTing, but there was no output to the monitor. I thought this could have been because the HDD isn't in. I put one HDD in the SATA and put the power cable in, and the blue light was now off. I tried switching out the RAM on both DIMMs and both sticks. I also tried both HDDs. This is even more puzzling than before.

Leave the HDD out for now, and just try to get into the BIOS first.
Only boot with 1 stick of RAM in memory slot DIMM2.
How are you clearing the CMOS? Are you using the CLR_CMOS jumper and how long do you wait?

meme_producer666

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017

Sorry about the late response, but I have tried clearing the CMOS by using both the jumper and the battery method. I wait about 10 minutes in between each reset. I have also tried both sticks, but nothing seems to happen to change the situation.

Try one extra step when clearing the CMOS. Unplug the PC, set the CLR_CMOS jumper and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to try and clear any remaining power from the system. I doubt this will help, but it's worth a try.
When you next start up try booting without the keyboard and mouse connected. Also try booting without any front panel audio or USB cables plugged into the motherboard. If none of this works i'm not sure what else you can do.

Solution