[SOLVED] Computer not posting, HELP!

Jun 25, 2019
I have a B450 tomahawk motherboard, I did the right steps to flash my bios, I am currently using the version 7C02v1A. When I use my USB stick, it is 32 GB, and is formatted to FAT32 and I changed the file in the usb stick to MSI.ROM. When I go to flash my motherboard, I plug in the cpu 8 pin, and the 24 pin on the motherboard, plug the USB stick into the right slot on the motherboard and press the button. There is a red light that omes on for 3 pulses about 3 seconds apart, then I press the button again and the red light starts blinking like crazy. I wait for it to stop and I think that the BIOS is done updating, am I wrong? If so, what do I do. What are the next steps after that?

I installed my CPU after that and my gpu and ram, and gpu, and then nothing, no output to my screen, i even tried putting the ram in one slot, taking the gpu out, and only using the cpu, and nothing has worked. I dont know what to do, it probably is the bios not flashing properly, and I am completely stuck

I know my power supply is not faulty, as it worked in my other build.
The CPU I want to install is a 3900x
My GPU is a 1060, but it is not installed at the moment.

Last edited:
I know my power supply is not faulty, as it worked in my other build.
The CPU I want to install is a 3900x
My GPU is a 1060, but it is not installed at the moment.
1) When you did the BIOS update, which cpu did you use?
You need a compatible cpu for the BIOS update, more info: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100
2) You have to use the gtx1060, because the 3900x does not have the onboard iGPU.

Solution