Computer not powering up.

PoisonFlame

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
Hi,

Today I turned my computer on and it didnt power up. I pressed the power button and the optical drive made a quick sound(1 second ish) and then the computer just turned back off and looped. The fans didnt turn on either. I dont know what the problem could be because I did remove the drive and it just took the sound of the optical drive out but the problem stgill persisted. I tried to check if the power was coming from outlet which it was and also checked the ac adapter and tried another 2 which gave same error.

I dont know what could be causing the problem.

My Computer Specs are :
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz
MotherBoard : MSI ZH77A-G43 LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB
Power Supply: CORSAIR CXM series CX500M 500W ATX12V v2.3 SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE 100358L Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card

Thanks

lantrich

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
There could be many reasons for this issue. Once I had the same problem and it turned out to be the hard drive had bad sectors. I fired up the computer and went directly into the bios. I let the computer sit in it. I thought it would reboot but it didn't. So I got out and used the pause key to stop the load to see what the problems were. I would use the escape key to move the load along but hit the pause key quickly so I could monitor the load. It got to the Windows file and rebooted. So I knew the issue. Try this and see if anything jumps out.The 3570k is going to load fast so be quick.

PoisonFlame

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
Hi.
It was a case where it wasnt actually powering up like there was nothing happening. Bios screen wouldnt even show up. But I did scan for bad sectors anyways as I somehow got access to power up randomly and no bad sectors of the hard drive were found. Im just assuming now its either motherboard or power supply.

Thanks for the reply though :)