Question Computer not Reaching its expected performance?

Jun 29, 2020
I feel like with the components in my PC I should be able to achieve 144 frames with no issues.
the internals:
  • AMD 3900x
  • Nvidia RTX 2700
  • 36 Gb of DDR4-3600
  • Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming MB

Currently OC: my Memory and GPU

Playing on a 2550x1440 Monitor 144 Hz (tried with both sync on and off)
(if power plans and stuff are wanted I can give those as well but I haven't seen much of difference with those either, Discord overlay is disabled as well as Nvidia highlights)

For example, if I play Warzone. I'm getting maybe 120-130 frames with most of my settings on Medium to High and the render resolution at 80%. (if I change settings to low I don't see much of a difference) (I can give examples from other games if necessary)

If anyone has any possible suggestions as to why this may be, I'm open to any thoughts. I feel as though 144 should definitely be achievable with my setup but it just can't get there.
The only other thing I could think of was something my friend suggested, that the 2070 isn't necessarily capable of running 2550x1440 amazingly.

Again any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

Jun 29, 2020
Read this Guide most games have a taxing setting for example Ac odyssey had Volumetric clouds that killed performance.
uhh I dont exactly remember which one I have ill grab it though. It is pretty old maybe running on 7 yrs

It is a HX850I i believe

(new to the site just saw which comment was the real comment, got it)

ok I'll take a look at the guide

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020
Run a userbenchmark and post ur results https://www.userbenchmark.com/ also post ur temps while gaming.

UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - 89.2%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 - 89.7%
SSD: Samsung 950 NVMe PCIe M.2 256GB - 170.5%
HDD: WD Black 2TB (2013) - 90.5%
RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3600 C16 2x16GB - 125.7%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING

oddly it said that the gpu test said Relative performance n/a - benchmarks incomplete
it also says my motherboard tests were incomplete

I feel like with the components in my PC I should be able to achieve 144 frames with no issues.
the internals:
  • AMD 3900x
  • Nvidia RTX 2700
  • 36 Gb of DDR4-3600
  • Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming MB
Currently OC: my Memory and GPU

Playing on a 2550x1440 Monitor 144 Hz (tried with both sync on and off)
(if power plans and stuff are wanted I can give those as well but I haven't seen much of difference with those either, Discord overlay is disabled as well as Nvidia highlights)

For example, if I play Warzone. I'm getting maybe 120-130 frames with most of my settings on Medium to High and the render resolution at 80%. (if I change settings to low I don't see much of a difference) (I can give examples from other games if necessary)

If anyone has any possible suggestions as to why this may be, I'm open to any thoughts. I feel as though 144 should definitely be achievable with my setup but it just can't get there.
The only other thing I could think of was something my friend suggested, that the 2070 isn't necessarily capable of running 2550x1440 amazingly.

Again any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

Are you on the stock cooler ? What pc case are you using ? Is PBO on or off ?

Jun 29, 2020
Are you on the stock cooler ? What pc case are you using ? Is PBO on or off ?
Stock cooler for the case or the cpu? If so i changed both to faster, better coolers. Im using the corsair Full tower. I believe its called the obsidian. And I think i worked with PBO a little bit but not in any great detail