Computer Not Reading Hard Drive With Windows 10

Mar 13, 2018
Computer Not Reading Hard Drive

So I bought a computer off Kijiji that looked like a really good deal. When I got home and pluged it in it worked fine. I decided to put my gt 1030 in this computer so I could play a couple of games. When I put the card in and went to turn on the computer nothing happend. there was no noises or lights.I took the computer to a shop and the guy said that the psu had blown. I had an extra one at home and when I put in the new psu it worked fine. I went to the bios and it was reading every component in the system. I then tried to plug in a usb with the windows 10 iso burned onto it. When I went to the boot menu the usb was not showing up. I then decided to try Ubuntu 14.04 bootable usb. I went to the boot menu and it found the usb and I installed ubuntu. I wanted windows 10 on this pc. I then put the hdd in another pc and used diskpart to clean the drive. With it still in the other pc I installed windows 10 and it worked perfectly. When I transferred the drive back to the pc I had just bought it said no bootabable devices. I then went to the bios and the hdd showed up. Why would a hdd show up in the bios but not boot up? and why would it work with ubuntu but now windows?

Specs:

8GB DDR3 Ram
I5 6400 2.7ghz
Acer Motherboard
1TB Western Digital Hdd