aurainfinity

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hey guys,

My computer is not recognizing 2gb of my ram (6gb total, only recognizing 4gb). The bios, control panel - system and cpu-z say 4gb however in cpu-z it lists that each slot on my motherboard has a stick of ram in. Here is my build:

Windows 7 64 bit
2x1gb Crucial DDR2 6400
2x2gb Patriot Extreme Performance 6400
Asus P5k

Also, I just installed a radeon 4890 and some of my video quality watching videos in vlc has diminished, the picture shows a lot of pixels where it didn't before i installed the card. As well, my ESATA ports are not working with my external hdd, they were working in vista 32 bit (which i had on previously).

Thanks.

reseat all the ram and configure the options in the bios manually - ram 1:1 etc and give it an extra 0.1v ram voltage

its not really a good idea to mix ram either

video and esata - sounds like a driver issue, and incorrect codecs used

also you should be insterting that on the board as: Crucial Patriot Crucial Patriot

aurainfinity

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Thanks for the reply. Still only says 4gb of memory. Memory Remap was turned on, the memory was placed in Cricual Patriot Crucial Patriot order to begin with, they both have different voltage readings (crucial has 2.0 and patriot has 2.2 so i bumped it up to 2.2) and i put the timing to 4-4-4-12 (i think that's what you mean by 1:1).

Can you think of any other things to try?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts