Computer not recognizing new SSD

G

My PC already has a WD blue 1tb mechanical drive which has windows and all my stuff on it. Just installed an OCZ 100 series 120gb SSD, everything connected correctly but nothing on my PC recognizes it. also booted a bit slower than usual although afterwards windows said "updates were installed"

so, anyone know how I can fix this? I dont want to boot to windows off it, I just want to use it to store some spare games that take long to load on my HDD. also, disk formatting/ partitioning does not recognize it either.

Solution
hotplug off it only used if you pull the drive when powered on. all the default settings should be fine. all you need in the bios is achi mode on. also make sure intel rapid start is off so that the sata ports are in achi mode and not raid or ide.
does the drive show up in the bios?? if not make sure there two cabled to it the data and power. on some mb there are asmedia 6g sata ports and intel/amd ports. look at the mb guild make sure your on the main intel/amd ports. most asmedia port are turned off in the bios. on the drive itself look at the pins make sure there no missing or broken pins.

G

I have 2 SATA3 side by side, (also 2 SATA2), and my HDD and SSD are both in one SATA3 each. both SATA power and SATA3 cable are connected to it and are also in properly. havent checked the SATA cable but I know the SSD itself is not missing any pins / broken. and I think i used the SSD's cable for my HDD at some point a while back.

what should i look for if looking for the SSD in BIOS? and what do I do if I find it? my mobo is an ASRock H81m-HDS intel LGA 1150

G

its connected and BIOS recognizes it so what do I do from there?

G

doesnt show up in "create and format hard disk partitions". I meant, what do I have to do in the bios options because most stuff for the ssd was disabled in there. also, you'll have to explain this to me like I'm five because that's how much I know about installing a new drive.

G

it was helpful, but, it doesnt help where I am now. I need to know what to do IN BIOS not in windows or anything else. do I enable hot plug? do I enable external SATA connection? what do I do in BIOS? because right now, windows does not see it. BIOS does, and lets me change things, but windows itself doesn't. so I need help for BIOS, not windows.

hotplug off it only used if you pull the drive when powered on. all the default settings should be fine. all you need in the bios is achi mode on. also make sure intel rapid start is off so that the sata ports are in achi mode and not raid or ide.

Solution
G

ok so I've checked they are both on ACHI and i have no idea how to find intel rapid start. windows still does not find the drive.

G

nevermind it prompted me when i went into it next and now its set up.