Question Computer not recognizing RTX 2070

Jul 13, 2019
I went to a nearby Micro Center and asked for some help, and they advised me that I switch the BIOS from Legacy settings to UEFI. I looked into how to do this but had some difficulty understanding how to execute the process. I noticed a lot of tutorials of how to do this were on Windows 10, and I was curious if this is part of the reason why my GPU won't work.

My current situation:
  • I bought a new EVGA RTX 2070 graphics card approximately 2 days ago. Previously I had an ASUS GTX 760, and upon installation of the RTX 2070, my computer did not recognize it. When I looked in Control Panel> Device Manager> Display adapters, it showed "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter". I attempted to install the latest driver from Nvidia, thinking that was the problem as to why my computer didn't recognize the GPU. When installing the new driver, the installation froze each time it reached the "Uninstalling previous drivers" stage, which has happened with my previous GPU. I looked for some solutions, downloaded DDU Driver Uninstaller, uninstalled all previous drivers manually, and tried again. This time the installation was able to get through all stages, but said it failed to install the most recent driver.
  • I've emailed Nvidia support back and forth, attempting every solution they gave me. Some examples are:
    • Manually uninstalling previous drivers and attempting to reinstall latest driver.
    • Update BIOS to latest update (Mine current version is from 2012, and the most recent update is from 2013) and chipset driver (Which I think I was able to do). The BIOS update ended up in a "System Verification Failed".
    • Change GPU to a different PCIe slot and attempt to update the BIOS by putting the flash drive in the USB port of the motherboard.
  • After encountering failure from every solution, they recommended me to email my motherboard's manufacturer, which I have yet to do as I thought it'd be better to first speak to a professional in real life.
Computer information:
  • Motherboard: Asus - P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155
  • Processor/CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
  • Current GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070
  • Previous GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 760
  • Power Supply: Corsair CX 600w
I've emailed one of the Micro Center employees who helped me, but have yet to get a response. I also thought asking here would be a good idea, because I'm tired of try to get support from Nvidia that doesn't work. I'm also concerned of whether or not I may have to buy entire new parts to adapt to the graphics card, which I'm not fond of the idea.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS