Computer not running games as it used to to (even rogue legacy lags :I)

PLEASE HALP ME

Reputable
May 22, 2015
WARNING:ALL THIS STARTED AFTER I REINSTALLED MY WINDOWS...ok so My computer runs evrything with 10 fps,i mean games that used to go on 40-50 fps are now 10-15 fps and i just reinstalled my windows,i did virus check twice and nothing.I cleaned my computer with advanced system care 4 times and nothing.Reinstalled drivers and still nothing,i reall have no idea what's going on here and pls dont come with answers like:''BUY NEW PC'' bcs games like gta:sa ,rainbow six vegas 2,F.E.A.R. used to run with more than 40 fps on high settings and now i cant even afford 30 fps on low setinhs :(((((((((((((((((((((((((( PLEASE HALP!

COMPUTER SPECS:Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2Ghz
video card;ATI RADEON x1600
1,5 RAM
tell me if u want the rest of the specs btw...also this computer is preety old but i dont think it would randomly fk up like that without a warning (for example going slower and slower not like randomly not running games as it used before)...also did i mention all this started to happen when i reinstalled my windows?

Yakrov

Reputable
May 30, 2014
This tends to happen sometime to "older" computers. Parts get old, taking damage from heat, dust and just general old age. I would recommend cleaning your parts of dust, then testing it again. If that doesnt work, looks like your instore for an upgrade. Also run a windows memory check, there is a small possibility that you could of F*ked up your memory somehow.

#1 question in my mind: Why did you reinstall Windows. Was there an infection or some other reason?

You stated that you reinstalled the drivers. I'm sorry for asking such a basic question, but did you reinstall the most current video driver for the ATI Radeon x1600? By the way, I personally used to own a x1650. Even though I've moved on, I absolutely loved that card.

What version of direct X are you running? You can check it with the following sequence of commands:
Windows key + r -> dxdiag <enter>
Can it be updated?

Full specs. Yes please. What OS (e.g. Windows XP 32 bit), hard drive size and speed? memory is 1.5 GB?

What did you use for a virus check? People tell me this all the time, and many times they simply scanned for malware, which is different than a trojan or virus. I would recommend that you run a scan with these following tools:
ADWCleaner
Combofix

Both free applications will be found by googling, and then selecting the results that are from "Bleeping Computer". They are the authors of the software.

FYI: I had a similar issue years ago on an ancient card: MX400. I was playing GTA3 for the first time and I was getting 1-10 frames per second. I called the video card provider, who recommended that I update the motherboard's northgate drivers, and that fixed my issue. I'm not yet convinced that your issue is that deep until we go through the other questions I mentioned above. Please answer my questions, try my suggestions and respond back.

PLEASE HALP ME

Reputable
May 22, 2015
#1 question in my mind: Why did you reinstall Windows. Was there an infection or some other reason?

You stated that you reinstalled the drivers. I'm sorry for asking such a basic question, but did you reinstall the most current video driver for the ATI Radeon x1600? By the way, I personally used to own a x1650. Even though I've moved on, I absolutely loved that card.

What version of direct X are you running? You can check it with the following sequence of commands:
Windows key + r -> dxdiag <enter>
Can it be updated?

Full specs. Yes please. What OS (e.g. Windows XP 32 bit), hard drive size and speed? memory is 1.5 GB?

What did you use for a virus check? People tell me this all the time, and many times they simply scanned for malware, which is different than a trojan or virus. I would recommend that you run a scan with these following tools:
ADWCleaner
Combofix

Both free applications will be found by googling, and then selecting the results that are from "Bleeping Computer". They are the authors of the software.

FYI: I had a similar issue years ago on an ancient card: MX400. I was playing GTA3 for the first time and I was getting 1-10 frames per second. I called the video card provider, who recommended that I update the motherboard's northgate drivers, and that fixed my issue. I'm not yet convinced that your issue is that deep until we go through the other questions I mentioned above. Please answer my questions, try my suggestions and respond back.[/quotemsg]

1.I reinstalled windows bcs the computer started to get slow,bassicly i reinstall my windows evry year bcs it starts to get slow in actions like browsing the net ,watching youtube videos,and just simply navigating in 'my computer' but usually not in games,but this time i wanted to reinstall it bcs games started to drop to 25 fps so it was a combo,games and computer in general just great for reinstalling windows!

yes i used Driver Booster (by razer i guess?)

My Direct x is 11 i cant update it
....................................................................................................
COMPUTER SPECS:
OS-Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

I HAVE NO IDEA how to see my hard drive speed,its a 500GB one,48.4GB alocated in C (primary thingy with drivers,programs and such) and the other in D

Installed memory (RAM)-1,5GB

....................................................................................................
I did virus scan with advanced system care and panda...panda something...

also i have ATI Catalyst Control Center if that helps,also AIDA64

1.I reinstalled windows bcs the computer started to get slow,bassicly i reinstall my windows evry year bcs it starts to get slow in actions like browsing the net ,watching youtube videos,and just simply navigating in 'my computer' but usually not in games,but this time i wanted to reinstall it bcs games started to drop to 25 fps so it was a combo,games and computer in general just great for reinstalling windows!

yes i used Driver Booster (by razer i guess?)

My Direct x is 11 i cant update it
COMPUTER SPECS:
OS-Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

I HAVE NO IDEA how to see my hard drive speed,its a 500GB one,48.4GB alocated in C (primary thingy with drivers,programs and such) and the other in D

Installed memory (RAM)-1,5GB

I did virus scan with advanced system care and panda...panda something...

also i have ATI Catalyst Control Center if that helps,also AIDA64

[/quotemsg]

Update the video card's drivers from the AMD website (AMD bought ATI years ago). Then see what FPS you're getting. I'm not convinced that Driver Booster installed the latest video drivers on your system. Btw, are you using a utility to tell you the FPS or you're just generally eye-balling it and guessing? You're computer has 1 and 1/2 GB of RAM? What processor and speed?

PLEASE HALP ME

Reputable
May 22, 2015

Update the video card's drivers from the AMD website (AMD bought ATI years ago). Then see what FPS you're getting. I'm not convinced that Driver Booster installed the latest video drivers on your system. Btw, are you using a utility to tell you the FPS or you're just generally eye-balling it and guessing? You're computer has 1 and 1/2 GB of RAM? What processor and speed? [/quotemsg]

TRENDING THREADS