Question Computer not seeing my GPU if I do a restart

Sep 3, 2024
I upgraded a good amount of my rig in early summer(cpu/mobo/ram/case) and ever since then I have had this issue. ONLY if my computer is on and I do a reset, the computer will not see the GPU after the reset. If I do a normal shutdown and then start the comp everything is fine. When this issue happens (anytime I do restart) if I turn off the PSU power and then back on and start the computer normally, everything is fine. After a restart if I plug a monitor into the mobo graphics, that works and in that situation the computer doesn't see the GPU at all - it doesn't show up in the device manager or anywhere else - Ill note that after a restart the GPU still lights up (its LEDs) and the fans run, so it is getting (at least some) power in that situation.

I have checked if it was some weird overheat problem but my temp of all system components have been great at all times. I can play a really demanding AAA game and GPU is fine the whole time, etc. I have no other issues with my set-up, so this one little thing is weird. I have tried different monitors, different cables, and different output ports from the GPU with nothing making a differences.

My rig:
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
ASUS Rog Strix X670E-E Gaming wifi
G.skill PC5 4800 DDR5 (32g total as 2x16g)
Gigabyte RTX 4080super
Win 10 fully updated
My main monitor is an OLED (corsair Xeneon) via DP connection. My 2nd is a older ASUS VS247 via HDMI connection
all drivers are fully updated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

G.skill PC5 4800 DDR5 (32g total as 2x16g)
Got a link to this ram kit? Ideally you should've looked into a DDR5-6000MHz dual channel ram kit to get the most out of your Ryzen 7000 platform.

I upgraded a good amount of my rig in early summer(cpu/mobo/ram/case) and ever since then I have had this issue.
Did you reinstall the OS?

Sep 3, 2024
PSU is a CORSAIR AX760, 80+ Platinum Certified
Ram is 6000. I made a mistake on my post - 4800 was my old ram. Kit is G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30-38-38-96 1.35V

I re-installed the OS and everything else from scratch.

BIOS version is 1905