Computer not showing bios, i have other problems too.

Fusion-phoenix

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
Hey guys, im really fricking nervous..... i spent 1000 dollars in a pc and its not working....... I dont know what is up with it, and im really getting stressed out.... http://pcpartpicker.com/user/FusionPhoenix/saved/gxrQzy this is the link to my parts list. I'm a newbie in this so please dont be mean to me. I just saved up enough to buy this and boom dissapointment..... the card does fit in the case well by the way. I have not yet been able to enter the bios at any means and i really dont have any expertiesse in building computers, is it because of my ram? or the no integrated graphics in the cpu? I began by turning it on and it looked beautiful. lights and all that jazz but at 10 seconds in it shut down, in 5 secs it turned on again and it repeated the process. I dont know but its not beeping or anything lights are working fine and so is the fans, the fan controller works fine, they ramp up when the 3 lights on the controller are on and the windforce logo lights up as well, the cpu fan works and air comes out like it should (i guess). Please make me swallow my words into telling me that i fucked up by giving a chance to the pc master race. :'C

Solution
if you have a dedicated graphics card you have no need for integrated graphics so wouldn't be a problem. if the motherboard shows the RAM as compatible on it's manufacturer website specs, and usually if it's anything within the the range of those listed, that won't be a problem either. this auto-shutdown after a few seconds is usually due to incompatible or damaged hardware or a faulty setup though.
the first question if things are compatible and there's problems usually is: is the power supply strong enough to push what you've installed?
have you tried installing your OS and the disk wouldn't load? since it's a fresh build you will need the DVD or USB version of Windows, if that's what OS you're using.
there's a multitude of problems...

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
if you have a dedicated graphics card you have no need for integrated graphics so wouldn't be a problem. if the motherboard shows the RAM as compatible on it's manufacturer website specs, and usually if it's anything within the the range of those listed, that won't be a problem either. this auto-shutdown after a few seconds is usually due to incompatible or damaged hardware or a faulty setup though.
the first question if things are compatible and there's problems usually is: is the power supply strong enough to push what you've installed?
have you tried installing your OS and the disk wouldn't load? since it's a fresh build you will need the DVD or USB version of Windows, if that's what OS you're using.
there's a multitude of problems that can cause this and a multitude of things to try to fix whatever it may be.
you wouldn't have f*cked up by trying to build a nice PC. but you may have f*cked up by not researching your components thoroughly or getting the advice you needed first.

if you want more in depth help from more willing people here you should start by actually listing your parts here yourself. i don't bother clicking links and many others won't either.

good luck. and don't be too worried or upset. there's 10s-100s of others with their first builds and upgrades having issues here every day that 90% of the time find a very simple answer.

Solution

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
"-CPU: Xeon e3 1231 v3
-mobo: AsRock H97 m-itx/ac
-Ram: Corsair vengeance pro 16gb, 8x2 1600 MHz
-Gigabyte G1 gaming gtx 960 4gb
-evga modular 650w +80 gold
-case: 380T
No extra fans or anything... "

power supply should have plenty of power for this setup.
the BIOS may be setup to show an image instead of the load screen. do you see anything related to ASRock as it boots? i've had some of both that loaded too fast to even see though. just had to start pressing F(whatever function key it requires) or Delete as soon as lights came on keyboard.

motherboard should have a series of or a single small light or maybe beep(s) if there is a problem internally. for the beeps to sound a small speaker may have to be installed first. sure there wasn't one in the box? the light with some boards will flash a certain amount of times or show different colors depending on the problem. maybe check your user manual to see if either of those troubleshooter options are available for you.

what about my previous questions about attempting to install your operating system?

..one thing i'll add that i wouldn't let get me worried yet until further troubleshooting has been done: i've been through 4 ASRock boards over the last 10 years or so. 1 died after a few months, 2 were dead on arrival, but 1 was great though and lasted me for quite some time.

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
is this the board you have? if so;
do you have the molex power cable plugged in where I have circled? appears this powers the PCIe slots.
7dVJjdk.jpg

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
glad you got it fixed without too much trouble.
they gonna refund or replace the memory sticks? if they offer a refund or trade you could get an 8GB set of 2133 or 2400MHz of some good DDR3 for around the same price. 16GB is a bit more than any games will need for some time and the extra % speed can get you a couple more frame per second in some games.