Question Computer not starting after RAM change.

Jun 10, 2022
I recently bought a new HP desktop. I upgraded the RAM from the 1 8gb stick it came with and replaced it with 2 8gb ram. It worked fine for most of the first day then I started to getting occasional freezes while playing games and also BSODs that were apparently related to memory issues. I guess the RAM may not compatible with my computer, which I didn't know was a thing. Anyways after a couple of days I started getting the 3 long beeps 2 short beeps when trying to boot it up. So I put back the original single 8gb card back in but still get the beep error every time. I tried moving the card to the second slot and just reinserting but I just kept getting the beep error. I'm not sure what else to try but I'm hoping I didn't mess something up installing the RAM but the tutorial was simple enough. Would my HP warranty still be good after changing the RAM?

The RAM was
PNY - XLR8 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz (PC4-25600) CL16 1.35V Dual Channel Desktop (DIMM) Memory Kit - Red

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, Intel Core i3-10100, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Windows 11

Jun 10, 2022
OK so it's not compatible. But I can't get it to boot with the original RAM either though. Could having the wrong RAM in for a few days have damaged something else? Or possibly I shorted something out when changing it back? If I have to file a warranty claim with HP I suppose I shouldn't tell them I ever changed out the RAM.

Mar 17, 2022
OK so it's not compatible. But I can't get it to boot....

I'm having a problem that is somewhat similar, but not quite.
My computer doesn't beep, it just doesn't load into the bios after changing ram.
The only way to get it to go into setup is to change the amount of ram, remove the CSMOS battery, plug it back in, and then it will say "ram change detected, F1 to run setup, F2 to continue." And it will even load the setup if Ipress F1, however after pressing F2, and also after closing BIOS setup when choosing F1, the system will restart, and then it gets stuck into a power on/off loop, never going to bios, never beeping.

When searching for solutions, I came across lists of beeping codes. The amount of beeps and/or dashbeeps correspond to an error, Ithink 3 beeps was ram failure (you can remove all the ram and you will hear 3 beeps as well), AMI and DELL have different BIOS codes.You can find the lists of what they mean by searching google for computer beep codes (either expand search by entering manufacturer or type of motherboard if necessary)

Now, does anyone have a solution for my problem?

No extra RAM added, no new RAM added. When it does go into BIOS using the method I just mentioned, the bios detects all 4 of the 4GBRAM and none of the sticks seem to be faulty, neither do the slots.
None of my hard drives are faulty, the PSU works fine, CMOS replaced, no extra hardware. Even use a PS2 keyboard and mouse now so no USB is connected.Even removed my GPU.

Somewhere between my motherboard and my RAM is a problem that isn't any of the seperate components fault, but they aren't talking to eachother properly.
Any ideas?