computer not starting up after i changed psu and gpu

aasimas

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
I changed and replaced my old psu plus a gpu.
usually when I press the power button it lights up but this time it didn't do that. I opened up the case to see if any of the fans were working and nonw of them were working. Then I checked the 20 pin main motherboard connector to se4e if it was in place and it was so now I do not have any idea what went wrong. My gpu requires 2 6 pin connectors. One of the wires say PCI e so I plugged that, the other wire says B and I plugged tht in since it was 6 pin. Now I do not know what the problem is. please help.

Also if it helps I would like to tell you I cleaned my pc with a can of compressed hair. I don't think that is a problem.

That PSU has one 6-pin PCIe connector and one (6+2)-pin PCIe connector.. Have you connected both of these to your GPU?
After connected, the 6-pin will fit in one 6-pin slot and with the (6+2)-pin the "2" pin will be hanging and the "6" will go into the slot..

aasimas

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
I have taken out the gpu to see if that was the problem but still it does not start. I did not touch any other components , just took out the main heat sink, the psu and the gpu. Any other thing I must do or check.

aasimas

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Pc is up and running now with no problems. All the fans are also working. Now my pc s making too mucch fan noise. It suddenly gets loud and then its quiet again. I cannot feel any heat comming from any components. What can i do to stop the loud noise tht is coming from the fan?

aasimas

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
how do I find out? Gpu and PSU are new so I can RMA them if problem is in that
It gets very loud when I play games and watch videos. Otherwise it is not so much noise. I mean I can still hear but its not like too much.

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

If the fan noise is bothering you go into the bios and under pc health enable smart fan.

aasimas

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
My cpu fan is making a lot of noise. I want to replace it.
how do I know how much mm fans I need and if a certain heat sink will fit on my motherboard?
I think I will replace the heat sink but I need to know some stuff before I buy it?