Computer not starting with 8GB/more than 2 sticks of ram vs 4GB (WORKS) PLEASE HELP!!

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Hello all,

I have a huge issue that I need help rapping my head around. I am so frustrated, because I just bought new ram for my PC and ever since I have added it in my PC crashes.

You might be wanting some system specs at this point, here they are:

CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 965 3.4gHZ BE

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 750ti FTW

HDD: 500gb

Power Supply: 650W

RAM: 8GB

------------------------------------
The issue I have having is this, I just bought new ram and I added it in so I can make my previous 4GB RAM to be 8GB RAM, but the problem is when I add the new 2x2gb ram sticks, I crash before windows even loads, sometimes after it loads and in game all the time.

But what I am confused about is, I have 2x2GB sticks in now, plus the 2 new ones to make 8GB, but the new ones I bought are the exact same RAM sticks, so I know it's not a RAM problem, the motherboard I am using I looked up and supports up to 4 slots and a total of 16,000 MB or 16GB.

Please help me, I tried clearing CMOS, changing RAM Timing, (not voltage as I don't want my system to show no display again,) and I even re-installed my OS.

BTW: I have a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS.

PLEASE HELP!!!

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Well it says it like this when I have four sticks in: DDR2, DDR2 and that's it? I don't know if that means it only detects 2, but rarely when I am able to get into the desktop, I press WINDOWS KEY + PAUSE|BREAK and it brings up the system information which shows 8GB available.

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x .

Well it says it like this when I have four sticks in: DDR2, DDR2 and that's it? I don't know if that means it only detects 2, but rarely when I am able to get into the desktop, I press WINDOWS KEY + PAUSE|BREAK and it brings up the system information which shows 8GB available.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Which motherboard do you have? It seems like the mobo is detecting only 2 sticks and the OS is detecting 4 (sounds like it needs a bios upgrade/flashing)

Edit: Don't flash it yet, try booting into safe mode and if no issues occur, let me know

Note:There should be 2 different colored ram slots. Try putting in the first 2 ram sticks into the same color slots and then the last 2

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Ok the motherboard is a bit old, but it still supports all my parts and works great, it's a TA790GXBE BioStar Motherboard.

Also I don't want to try booting in safemode yet, because it takes some time to remove the case, then put the ram in and take it out each time, is there anything else I can try or does this NEED to be done to make sure it works via safemode. Can I do it later?

Reyaz123

Admirable
If it works fine in safe mode for a long time, there could be other issues/error that can be found in windows event viewer to deduce the problem

By opening the pc and reseating the ram sticks by color first (first 2 sticks in the yellow slots, other 2 in the white slots, power on pc afterwards etc.) you can get lucky and the issue is solved quickly

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Ok I'll do that now, I'll be back in like 10 minutes or I'll just see if I can get into the internet in safemode, I'll try what you said, then report back!

Reyaz123

Admirable

Sure thing, and one more thing. Try "safe mode with networking" to be able to access the internet

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Ok so, I couldn't even get to the message where it said "Safe Mode" at all. All it showed was Start Windows Normally and Launch Startup Repair. Either way, it doesn't even get past the loading windows thing where it shows the common red, green, blue, and yellow flag windows logo.

What do I do?

Reyaz123

Admirable
It sounds like when your pc was shut off last time, it may have corrupted your windows installation

Try startup repair, let me know what other options you get there. Any error codes appear on screen list it here

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Tried startup repair twice with the 8GB in and it crashes at loading Windows Files?

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

It boots, and I have 3 different Windows Installation disks with the Product keys, Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and the one I have now (Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.)

Reyaz123

Admirable

Let me try to rephrase that

It doesn't boot to login to windows anymore, correct?

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

No it does not with the 8GB, but it does with 4GB.

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Duh! I forgot I could do this thanks. I'll start in safemode and I'll report back once I do.

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

I had tons of trouble booting, it freezes when it shows my PC Specs and then doesn't boot at all. I waited for 10 mins and nothing happened. :/

This is in safemode with 8GB btw

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Ok I'm on right now with 8GB installed and the color thing worked, it boots, but it has done this before, at this point it would crash at around 4-5 minutes of being in any game no matter how big or how small. And when it does the speakers make a really bad screeching noise.

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Ok here's an update, I used the computer normally and it performed great, I went into the Steam game: Rocket League, I got in a match and played for around 2 minutes and it crashed, no screeching sounds, just crashed, should I check event viewer?

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Here's two errors I got around 10 minutes ago when it crashed, not sure which ones are the ones that caused it or if it's both?

1.) The description for Event ID 2001 from source NvStreamSvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

2.) Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Does this mean anything to you? Because it sure as heck doesn't to me?

TRENDING THREADS