Computer not working after installing new RAM

Feb 1, 2019
I have just tried to install 2 x 4GB 1600MHz sticks of RAM into the the extra slots in my MOBO, my original sticks were of the same speed and memory size and both are DDR3.

Initially after installing the two sticks, my computer would not POST. After removing the new RAM, my old RAM would not POST either. Removing the CMOS battery did not help either.
However upon installing only the two new RAM sticks into the slots were my original RAM sat, my computer boots, allows me to sign in and then shortly after I blue screen.

Making a coffee right now to ponder on this. Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Use of identical, exact match, same thing may increase the odds of the memory being compatible together instead of using random modules, but have no guarantee to be compatible together.

I suggest listing the part number and/or link to the memory you have a question about.

Feb 1, 2019
Old RAM: Ballistix Sport BL51264BA160A
New RAM: Ballistix Sport BLS4G3D1609DS1S00

Even if I can get either pair of the modules working without the computer throwing a fit, I'd be content, ideally I'd like both to work however.

Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model BL51264BA160A
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148435

Memory modules purchased as Singles are only guaranteed to work as Singles. Any other configuration has no guarantee for compatibility.

Ballistix Sport 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS4G3D1609DS1S00
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148539

New RAM are also sold as Single modules. There is no guarantee for compatibility if used in multiples. Memory is guaranteed in the form sold.

Feb 1, 2019

The original two have worked together for years without an issue, the new RAM was also sold and packaged as a pair. The fact that if I only use the old RAM my computer won't even POST is alarming.
Further testing with the new RAM only allows me to enter the BIOS without issue. However thereafter it will usually blue screen and then reboot, let me sign into windows and 1 minute later it will blue screen again. The two errors I have noted from blue screens are: 'BAD POOL HEADER' & 'system service exception'

Feb 1, 2019
So after cleaning all the RAM stick contacts with isopropyl alcohol, the original sticks work and one of the new ones causes the blue screen. However now when looking at task manager and any system files, decimal points for values such as 8.2MB will show as 8***2MB.