Computer Not Working

Sep 26, 2018
My son and I built a PC last night and it is not working. When powered on, the fans go on but the monitor says there is no signal. We tried plugging it in HDMI and the other way (sorry, forgot). Anyway, I opened it up, made sure everything was plugged in right and tried it a few more times. There are a couple of power cords from the supply that aren't plugged in but I assume they are for other devices we didnt buy. There is one 6 pin that says CPU on it but there is no place on the motherboard that I could find plus we used the bigger power cord that has 20 or more pins to plug into the MB. I know its hard to trouble shoot something without seeing it but where would you start to look for a problem. How would I even know if its the MB or the CPU or a power issue. I am assuming that once I turn it on I should see something that lets me then change the boot up to my windows USB install. I even tried leaving the windows USB in when I turned it on and that didn't help.

Sep 26, 2018
Its a B450M-HDV mother board, AMD processor and a Geforce GTX 1050 ti graphics card. So, It was pointed out to me that the 8 pin cpu power cord has to be plugged into the MB. But the MB has only a 4 pin connector and the I can't split the 8 into 2 4s as was suggested. But another problem is: now its not even powering on the fans. Like there's no power whatsoever. I really hate to have to bring it the geek squad or something but how can I trouble shoot with no power and a cord that can't be plugged in. I got all these parts from a list on a site like this (cant remember which one) so How the power isn't compatible with the MB is beyond me.

Sep 26, 2018
Here is everything I have:

MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti DirectX 12 GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4G 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready ATX Video Card

) CORSAIR CX Series CX550 550W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2800C16D-8GVR

Capacity: 8GB (2 x 4GB) Type: 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM Speed: DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) CAS Latency: 16 Color: Red LED color: N/A Fan Included: No

) ASRock B450M-HDV AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Rosewill Micro ATX Mini Tower Computer Case, Office Computer Case with 1 x 80mm Rear Fan, Top I/O Access with USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 2, Audio In/Out and Support CPU Cooler up to 140mm (SCM-01)

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Processor with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

I will try putting the 8 pin into the 4 pin socket later

Your specs are here.

https://www.cnet.com/products/corsair-cx-series-cx550-power-supply-550-watt/specs/

It states

1 x power 8 pin EPS12V with detachable 4 pin ATX12V section

Also...
all the answers on Amazon say it splits. The link I tried to post didn't work but do a search in their Q and A.

Sep 26, 2018
Oh thank you. I will try again tonight. I'm now worried that before I left for work, I powered it on again and now the fans don't even work. At least before, I knew the power was working.