sonic_boom81

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
I have a:
MSI B450
Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1050Ti
16 GB RAM 2400 Mhz

My computer has today just started playing pretty much all games as 15 fps. Usually it's 60fps+, etc. I've noticed my GPU idling at 35%+ and all games put it straight to 100% utilisation. My CPU seems to be using less % than usual. Tried restarting my computer, but the same. It has done this a few times before despite being a new build, which a restart has fixed. My CPU is overclocked to 3.85 GHz and my GPU has a reasonable overclock on it, but nothing drastic, and my RAM is not overclocked. CPU and GPU temperatures are fine. It's a fresh install of Windows 10 after upgrading few weeks ago.

Solution
Hello,

Certainly is not your power supply causing the issue. May sound a bit silly, but have you plugged your HDMI cable into the motherboard port of your PC? Try removing your overclocks and see what happens? Perhaps you should run a scan with Malwarebytes as your computer is infected? Go to your NVidia control panel and "restore factory defaults" for all your settings. Lastly, if none of these come with a good result, factory reset Windows :)

- Alex

sonic_boom81

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
What should I try first? The CPU hits 100% in Prime 95 as expected, so I think it's not the CPU.

The PSU (It's 500W)? Swapping out my GPU? Roll back to previous display driver? Test the RAM? Reinstall Windows?

Sep 21, 2018
Hello,

Certainly is not your power supply causing the issue. May sound a bit silly, but have you plugged your HDMI cable into the motherboard port of your PC? Try removing your overclocks and see what happens? Perhaps you should run a scan with Malwarebytes as your computer is infected? Go to your NVidia control panel and "restore factory defaults" for all your settings. Lastly, if none of these come with a good result, factory reset Windows :)

- Alex

Solution