Computer on, no display

Coomba

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
I just upgraded from an AMD processor and MSI motherboard. I now have a intel i5 7600k, b250m-hdv mobo, and 8GB of ballistix ram. After putting new hardware in and texting multiple HDMI cords it will turn on (lights and fans) but won't display to monitor. My guess is the problem has something to do with the ram which I cannot test or some wiring because I had to move most of the wires. Please help :(

Solution
I would assume the ram is the issue, you can try a couple things here, one of which making sure your ram is actually compatible with your new mobo (I would do this for you but its late and im tired lol) assuming it is, try resetting your cmos battery, you can youtube how to do this and its quite easy. If that dosent work try swapping your ram spots, ie move one to where you had the other, or move both to different spots. Hope this helped.

Calibuilt99

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
I would assume the ram is the issue, you can try a couple things here, one of which making sure your ram is actually compatible with your new mobo (I would do this for you but its late and im tired lol) assuming it is, try resetting your cmos battery, you can youtube how to do this and its quite easy. If that dosent work try swapping your ram spots, ie move one to where you had the other, or move both to different spots. Hope this helped.

Solution