Question Computer only boots into BIOS

Feb 27, 2023
I bougth a new SSD to replace my old HDD, but I accidentally swapped out my current SSD (which contains Windows) for it, and got a "can't boot because there is no OS found" error.

No problem, I just plug my old SSD back in. However, now everytime I boot the PC, it boot's into BIOS. I made sure the boot priorities are correct, and the SSD is also recognized by the system.
I disconnected all other drives, so only my SSD with windows is connected, but it still boots into BIOS.
I tried booting with the SATA cable inserted into all available slots on my motherboard (ASUS Z87-K), but it's the same result.
I did notice that the computer takes a little while longer to boot, when the SSD is 1st priority boot, than if the BIOS is 1st priority boot, so maybe it just can't find windows on the SSD?

Any help is appreciated!

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I bougth a new SSD to replace my old HDD, but I accidentally swapped out my current SSD (which contains Windows) for it, and got a "can't boot because there is no OS found" error.

No problem, I just plug my old SSD back in. However, now everytime I boot the PC, it boot's into BIOS. I made sure the boot priorities are correct, and the SSD is also recognized by the system.
I disconnected all other drives, so only my SSD with windows is connected, but it still boots into BIOS.
I tried booting with the SATA cable inserted into all available slots on my motherboard (ASUS Z87-K), but it's the same result.
I did notice that the computer takes a little while longer to boot, when the SSD is 1st priority boot, than if the BIOS is 1st priority boot, so maybe it just can't find windows on the SSD?

Any help is appreciated!
Does Windows Boot Manager appear in the bios under the boot priority? If so, that’s what you should set instead of the SSD.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Feb 27, 2023