Computer Only Turns On for 1/2 a Second

Apr 29, 2018
I built my computer a little less than a year ago, and now it seems to be having an issue that renders the computer useless. I don't want to build a completely new computer and am trying to find the main source of the issue and just replace that part.

Whenever I try to turn the computer on, everything turns on for 1/2 a second. I can hear the fans start to spin and everything lights up. After that, however, it instantly shuts off. I am clueless as to what could be the problem, although I'm assuming it has something to do with either the MOBO, CPU, or PSU. Any suggestions on what to do are appreciated!

Things I have already tried: Unplugging and re-plugging the 12pin connector, trying to boot without GPU, reinstalling CPU (When I reinstalled the CPU the computer did turn on and boot all the way to the desktop, however it only lasted about 10 minutes before shutting off and not being able to turn back on again).

Parts:
CPU - i7 6800k
MOBO- x99 ROG Strix
GPU - GTX 980ti
PSU - Corsair CX750 Gold
RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB
CPU Cooling - Corsair H100i

aligwashington

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
seems like heat issue check temps if the board and cpu don't seem over heating to touch you have PSU problem,this kind of stuff can only be diagnose with replacing one thing at a time, start with replacing PSU.
Also check the bottom of the board to make sure its not shorting at any point as dust can bridge and conduct electricity.

Apr 29, 2018

The computer only turns on for around 1/2 a second, how would I know if they are heating up in that time?