Question Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in

Dec 4, 2021
Hello,

My PC (year and half old) has recently caused an issue that I can't figure out. This week when going into sleep mode, it would not turn back on- only some of the fans were on and the screen was black. I would unplug the PC for upto 15 hours and it would be fine until turned off again where it would present the same issue- fans on, black screen.

I had an old HDD in my house and plugged that in- where the PC began to work, so I assumed my SSD was damaged or something? I then bought a new SSD today and the same issue persists. I then found out that when using both SSD and HDD, my SSD works fine and can access all my files etc, but only when the HDD is plugged in. It is the same case for my new SSD which I installed windows on too.

I do not understand what is wrong and need help ASAP as have University deadlines and would like this fixed.

Thanks

Dec 4, 2021
Yes it is. I must note: When the SSD is in itself, I can't even get to the BIOS screen. Also when the PC is on I can take the HDD out and the PC works fine and looks normal, I can restart it too and boots up fine but once I power it off , there is a flashing power light (what it looks like once it is in sleep) and it cannot boot back up past BIOS .