Question Computer overall deteriorating.

Drakthus

Reputable
Apr 22, 2016
Hey, so i've been having a plethora of computer problems as of recent, and everything is continuing to go downhill. When launching and logging into Windows, there is about a 33% chance that within the first 10 minutes of operating, the entire machine will completely freeze up. I'm talking like, cant move the mouse, cant ctrl-alt-delete, cant do anything. A hard reset is required to get out of it. My new issue revolves around CPU usage being incredibly touchy. Sometimes when the computer loads up, every single action will be met with a delay. Every program will spike the CPU usage briefly up around 60%, with Google Chrome (i haven't tested any other browsers) shooting the usage up to a steady 90%. No other background applications were open to help explain the computer acting this way. The computer will idle at around 20%, and even moving the mouse over any desktop icons, will increase the cpu usage up to around 50%. Ive preformed virus scans, and have defragged my hard drives, yet nothing has helped.

I'm running Windows 7 home premium, the rest of my computer specs are as follows:

Machine name: RYNO-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160408-2045)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-970A-DS3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16366MB RAM
Page File: 5239MB used, 27489MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

If you have any advice, or know of anyone who has had these similar problems, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.