Computer overheating after i installed a new cooling fan.

Jun 12, 2018
my computer has been overheating and shutting down. so i installed a h60 cooling system and the computer has gotten better but will still shut down after 2 hours. i has a i5 1150 cpu with the h60 cooling system. a fatal1ty gaming motherboard and g-force 550 watt power supply

Solution
Dude yeah, wipe every bit of thermal paste off the CPU and heatsink before reapplying paste. I just use 90% alcohol and cotton swabs. It can seriously impact thermals.

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Are you monitoring the temps? Are you sure that it is the cpu and not the gpu or vram overheating? Did you replace the thermal paste? Has it always run hot or did it just start? What were you doing for 2 hours that caused it to overheat?

When it comes to these threads, the more information you can provide, the better.

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016
I would make sure that you installed everything correctly and make sure that you put on thermal paste on the cpu. I do not think it be the GPU because like your thread title says computer overheating with new cooler!. So your new cooler is effecting your temps so check it out and see if its all working!. If your computer has an pump make sure that working!

Jun 12, 2018

I was gaming. it is a gaming computer, i did put new thermal paste on. but i didn't remove the old thermal paste, can that old paste help contribute to the problem?? i am it is the cpu, it have been monitoring the temperatures, they are consistently from 29-33C.

Jun 12, 2018

so i have just cleaned the cpu and put new thermal paste on, after about 45 minutes of streaming twitch, it crashed again! help!