Computer overheating, Need top fan!

TheOldNose

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
I recently built my first PC using this case and being the idiot I am I forgot to get a top fan. Now my computer frequently overheats while gaming and powers off. What is a good top fan that is compatible with this case that will cool down my build? Is 700 rpm enough or do I need 1000? Thanks in advance for the help!

Solution
This one will work, if you're looking for a red LED fan: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103072

At a guess though, with a 200mm front intake fan already in there, your overheating problem is more likely caused by one of the three things listed below, in descending order of probability:
1. CPU cooler is improperly installed. Make sure that all of the pins are firmly seated. If you have some replacement thermal paste available, you can uninstall it, clean the old paste off with iso alcohol and coffee filters, apply new paste and reinstall it, making sure to tighten it down in accordance with the instructions.

2. BIOS needs to be updated in order to properly manage the CPU. Check this at your mobo's support...
This one will work, if you're looking for a red LED fan: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103072

At a guess though, with a 200mm front intake fan already in there, your overheating problem is more likely caused by one of the three things listed below, in descending order of probability:
1. CPU cooler is improperly installed. Make sure that all of the pins are firmly seated. If you have some replacement thermal paste available, you can uninstall it, clean the old paste off with iso alcohol and coffee filters, apply new paste and reinstall it, making sure to tighten it down in accordance with the instructions.

2. BIOS needs to be updated in order to properly manage the CPU. Check this at your mobo's support page.

3. Poor cable management. Make sure that all of your cables are neatly stowed so the don't interfere with the airflow from your front intake fan.

Solution

TheOldNose

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015

Okay I will check these things out! thankyou very much!