Question Computer periodically stops being able to use wifi

Jun 4, 2020
This problem has been happening for a couple of weeks now.
I will be using my computer when suddenly my internet connection is yanked out from under me. It doesn't immediately say so. If I click on the wifi button on the taskbar it will still say I am connected to my wifi network and still show all of the other available networks I can connect to. However, I am very much not connected to the internet and I won't be able to even attempt to connect to any of the other networks. After I disconnect from the network I am currently on, suddenly no wifi networks will be detected. If I restart my computer I will be able to connect to the internet as normal, only for the problem to arise again in an hour or so.
So far I have tried checking for network adapter driver updates, reinstalling my network adapter, "IP Release, Renew, and Flush DNS" (I'm not really sure what this did but I tried it nevertheless), and changing the properties on the network adapter so that it doesn't turn off to conserve power.
It must be a problem specific to my computer's ability to connect to wifi and not the wifi itself, because I can't see neighbor's wifi networks after I encounter the problem and other devices in the house can still connect to wifi.

As I'm 99.9% sure this is a computer end problem, I'm not going to try to find out some of the information it says I should post in the 'How To Ask For Help Regarding Your Wireless Connection' post' because I don't know all of that information and I don't think it will be relevant (although I will be willing to try and find it out if it does end up being relevant). What I do know is listed below:
-For the make and model of the router and modem, I'm not entirely sure. We just have a Google Fiber network box I think.
-For the specifications of my PC.
-The motherboard is a Z170 Gaming K6.
-The power supply is 600 Watt EVGA 600B.
-My wifi adapter is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 #2 (I may have misunderstood what was being asked when the post says for me to post "Make and model of USB or PCI Wifi adapter").
-My operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, although I don't know what it means when it says "driver version" because I thought drivers were specific to certain parts of the PC.
-As mentioned, my ISP is Google Fiber.
-I don't know the amount of devices connected to the router, but it is a lot. Maybe around 15? Although I hope this isn't relevant because as I mentioned previously, it seems that my computer is just not able to connect to internet at all, not just my router.

I hope I've described this well, although I am pretty illiterate when it comes to this network stuff.
Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"-I don't know the amount of devices connected to the router, but it is a lot. Maybe around 15? Although I hope this isn't relevant because as I mentioned previously, it seems that my computer is just not able to connect to internet at all, not just my router."

That is a lot of devices. Could simply be traffic related.

What is the mix of wired and wireless devices? Do any other network devices have similar problems?

Look at your Router; You should be able to determine the make and model information via the case markings and/or nameplate.

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may offer some clue as to what is happening. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.