Computer picks up 5G connection SOMETIMES.

IveFallenAndICantGetUp

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2016
So I bought this adapter...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791YX15L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...in order to enable 5G Internet wirelessly, so I don't have to deal with a LAN cable. When I first got the adapter, it worked perfectly. Now, every time I cut on my computer, the 5G router connection is not seen. I have to fiddle with the settings or wait for 20 minutes and then sometimes it will pop back up.

The only thing I can think of is that the adapter is messed up and not working properly...

Any thoughts?

Solution
Try reinstalling the drivers.

Try using a USB extension cable to move the adapter up and away from the host PC. May help reception/transmission.

Carefully feel the adapter before booting and then again after a few minutes. If the adapter is very warm or hot - may well indicate a failure.

And be sure to watch for error messages when connections fail.

Both on the host PC and in the router's logs provided logs are available and enabled.

Ralston18

Titan
Try reinstalling the drivers.

Try using a USB extension cable to move the adapter up and away from the host PC. May help reception/transmission.

Carefully feel the adapter before booting and then again after a few minutes. If the adapter is very warm or hot - may well indicate a failure.

And be sure to watch for error messages when connections fail.

Both on the host PC and in the router's logs provided logs are available and enabled.

Solution