Question Computer picks up headset but not mic

Mar 12, 2019
So I have a Hyperx Cloud headset that I got a little while back to go with my laptop, a Lenovo Y700-15ISK ideapad. Didn't seem to have any troubles with it, worked just fine on steam and discord, my friends could hear me, and I could hear them. However, when I recently installed a soundboard, I came to the realization that the audio drive's(Realtek) microphone array doesn't pick up anything from my mic. Not a peep. However, on the other end, the speakers still pick up sound going through the headphones. I tried disabling and enabling the microphone array, and that did nothing, I tried updating the driver, and that led to a whole slew of problems with the computer not registering the audio jack at all (I finally got the array back to "normal", though the problem still persists, and I can't say that I like the idea of trying to update the audio driver again, but I am willing to try). I think that I should also stress that there are no drivers for these headphones, as they aren't the cloud II, and even then I did a whole lot of looking just to be sure. Now, at some point in the past, I did drop the laptop, and that caused the fan to go all wonky and I need to replace that, but I don't think that the dropping of the laptop would cause this peculiar situation. I know that at this point, I should probably just drop the idea of being able to use the soundboard and just be content that I can still use my applications as normal in this scenario, but the fact that I know of this now has me tearing my hair out. If anyone has any form of help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello

Can you please try going to Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone and see if its access is enabled there?

About updating the driver, it is always a good practice to do so.

Please try the above solutions and report back if they don't work, and you need any further assistance in this.

Cheers!!