[SOLVED] COMPUTER POWER SUPPLY WENT WITH BANG NOW WONT TURN ON

Jun 13, 2020
Built myself a PC months ago and everything was working fine until today then I heard a massive bang that came from my power supply and now the computer won’t turn on, never had this problem before. The only thing that’s odd is occasionally before this event my PC wouldn’t boot and I’d have to restart it.

PC SPECs:

Corsair TX850M
Intel i9 9900k
ASUS 2080 GeForce graphics card
Rog strix e gaming motherboard
Corsair 16GB ddr4 ram
Samsung m.2 256 GB memory
Samsung ssd 1tb
Corsair H150i cooler

Solution
I don’t have a spare power supply right now but I’m gonna get a replacement, also will any of the parts be damaged
if other the components survived really depends on the quality of the PSU as far as I'm aware it can also be kind of random.

Check your warranty and if parts are broken when you get your new PSU maybe see if the manufacturer will pay for it. not sure if you got insurance or if it's even needed.

epicevan

Honorable
Feb 10, 2017
I don’t have a spare power supply right now but I’m gonna get a replacement, also will any of the parts be damaged
if other the components survived really depends on the quality of the PSU as far as I'm aware it can also be kind of random.

Check your warranty and if parts are broken when you get your new PSU maybe see if the manufacturer will pay for it. not sure if you got insurance or if it's even needed.

Solution