Question Computer powering on and off repeatedly

May 23, 2019
For the past few weeks i have been messing with a small computer, i was plan to use it as a streaming/capute computer and i want to keep the cost low. So i bought a dell optiplex 7010, Intel Quad-Core i5-3570s 3.1GHz LGA1155, 8GB (2X 4GB ) DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 ram, nvidia 770, and a evga 850 gold psu. Most of it was on sale or had a good deal. So i put every thing together (this is not my first build, i built many computers, a work station, and even a laptop all with no problems). Once i got it to getther it start out find a bit glitch but nothing i have not seen with a new build, and every thing seem to smooth out once the drivers where all installed.

Here how the build when: I fit everything to gather but i let the gpu out, i was plan to install that once every thing else was done (i only bought it to encode the video as it been capture.). I was able to install windows 10 with no problems and when it was loading the desk top the screen froze to one color. At 1st i thought it may be a driver problem since the drivers where not installed yet. I waited 10min and nothing change so i did a hard shutdown and stared it back up. As i was installing the diver the computer did it again, and i did another hard reset and installed my teamview. I when back to install thing and it did it again, this time as i was installing the drivers, so i log in to teamviewer and i can see everything still running. So i finish the install and restart the computer like normal. for sever hours it seem to be fix, i installed the GPU set the onboad to default loaded the GPU driver and all seem good. as i was testing it capturing ability one of the screens froze, but i could see it still play on my capute window preview. So i left it like that for a bit as i play around with the program. I want to see if i could make it change by play videos or place color blocks on the screen, i go nothing. So i did a bit of google searching and found some solotions, so i shut it down and check the cables and if every thing was seat correctly. It all was so i boot the computer back up, this is where everything when south.

the computer whould just turn on then back off and keep doing that, i left it for 10min and it did it the whole time. So i did the normal, pull every thing and reseated it all, try 1 ram chip in different slots, try a few other sticks of ram, removed everything but the min. when i remove the ram the computer gives me the post code for missing ram. I figure it may be the powersupply i did use it in a mining rig and i did have it near max for a short time, i figure i may have kill it. so i when out bought a new one hook every thing back up and got the same thing. So i spent some time thinking about it and doing some googleing and i got a new mother board and cpu (i also re check to make sure everything was campatable, and it is). With a new CPU and mother board i am getting the same results. So i check the back of the case to make sure no metal is hitting the back of the motherboard and there was nothing. I even took it out and place it on cardboard and try booting it Nothing seem to work.

I try the power supplys on another computer and they work just fine, i put the ram in another computer and it works. I try every trick in the book to get this thing to work and nothing seems to work. I'm sure it not the PSU's as they both work inanother computer, same with the ram. Sadly i do not have another computer where i can test the CPU's.

I try booting with no HDD connect
i try no RAM - i just get the beep error
try different RAM
Try different PSU and different computers
i check the CPU pins, and none where bent
I clean all the contact surfaces.
I even try plugging in to a different outlet.
i change the cmos batter and put a fresh one.
i remoed the batter for 30min, an hour and a whole day
i try a bois rest, i evern try the password reset, and the service mode
reseat everything a dozen times, and gone over every inch of the computer fo damage.

I think i did every possible option, i also read everything out there i could find and try them. Nothing seems to work, this one has me stump as i can figure it out. For the most part it as lean as you can make it (the GPU has been out the whole time). At this point i can not think of any thing else to try.

with everything connected it not stay on long enough to give me a error code, im not even seen the post screen. Also it stays on the longest when i 1st plug it in after that in on for a sec then off. If any one has any suggesting i like to hear them, at this point i have nothing. it should have been an easy build but it turn in to a pain. I had dells in the past and i bough a few old dells for family and there all still working, this things seems to a fight.

Sorry if i do not make sense at times or for any spelling or gram errors, it a 11:30 at im writing this and im at my limit

Lutfij

Titan
Given how this is a prebuilt system that has been somewhat modified, you should list the specs o your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You forgot to mention the model of your PSU. Are the rams two individual sticks or from a kit? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your Dell's OptiPlex motherboard? You might want to borrow a similarly reliably built, branded PSU to rule out your current unit being faulty/failing.

May 23, 2019
Given how this is a prebuilt system that has been somewhat modified, you should list the specs o your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You forgot to mention the model of your PSU. Are the rams two individual sticks or from a kit? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your Dell's OptiPlex motherboard? You might want to borrow a similarly reliably built, branded PSU to rule out your current unit being faulty/failing.

I should have lay it out better
CPU: Intel Quad-Core i5-3570s 3.1GHz LGA115
Motherboard: dell optiplex 7010
Ram: 8GB (2X 4GB ) DDR3 1600 PC3-12800
SSD/HDD: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD
GPU: nvidia 770
PSU:evga 850GQ gold
Chassis: Silver stone Raven5

I did not upgrade the bios so im gone to guest there the same ones it role of the assemble line with. When i did the dell driver install it did tell me there was an update for it. But i did not do it, i personally do not like update bios/framework unless i need to. I do not think i can update the bios any was, since the computer will not stay on long enough to view the boot screen or access bios.

I try a few PSU's, i have a few custom computers in my house. I try the PSU listed on my media sever as will as the ram and every thing works fine.

I also just found out today my miner uses the same CPU's as this build. I happen to bring it home for a few days to do some clean and maintains so i was plan to try the CPU i bought for this build on it and see if they work works. base on the compatibly chart the CPU's should work with both builds.

I talk to the person who sold me the boards and he is sending me another one this time a 9010 so i give that a try and see if there any life. this has me stump, base on my tests it seems like it the board or CPU. but im not getting any post beeps on the CPU and i get a post beep when i remove the RAM.