Question Computer powers on but can't boot from case power button and motherboard shows red light.

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
So I brought my computer into to a shop to get my computer fix and was then able to get my computer to log in with no problem. I brought my PC home and did some unplugging, and re-plugging my PC back in for some cable management, everything is connected in the correct spot and now it won't even boot. There is electricity showing because my motherboard and CPU fan is showing it's RGB light.

Although motherboard's light is red. What does that mean? What step did I missed?
f78cd91a72e9e88fdda00b802f9e255f.jpg

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
stick with 1 thread
So I brought my computer into to a shop to get my computer fix and was then able to get my computer to log in with no problem. I brought my PC home and did some unplugging, and re-plugging my PC back in for some cable management, everything is connected in the correct spot and now it won't even boot. There is electricity showing because my motherboard and CPU fan is showing it's RGB light.

See image View: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/XKfZRjm

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
The PC was transported, I already took out the CPU to re-apply my thermal paste after doing my cable management. There were no pins damaged and all is well. I checked to make sure the RAM is in and did one instead of two, nothing happened. I am unsure why the heck this is happening! I am furiously frustrated! I got to the shop and he was able to log onto my computer without a problem, and got home now and make my PC look nice and now it won't freaking turn on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Yes it was. So here is my story I should've told you.

I did a small upgrade from 3 fans to 5 RGB aura sync fans. Upgraded it and then got a fan error. The reason I got a fan error was because I had to move the heatsink to a usb plug that is located at the bottom of the motherboard. The technician did not have to unplug my cpu fan because he got small hands to reach in to plug my 12v 4 pins RGB cable that is located next to the left of the heatsink. He was then able to log into my desktop screen without a problem just like I wanted. I got home, unplug the heatsink and GPU to do a bit of cable management. Did cable management in the back of the case. No unplugging. And plugged everything back in.

And now this is where I'm at. I can't turn on my computer and only getting my heatsink RGB light and motherboard RGB light, but the motherboard lights up with a red dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Red light usually refers to cpu failure. The reason I asked about the cooler is because it, the gpu, and other large devices should not be left sitting in the motherboard when being transported as they can possibly damage it.

Motherboard model?
Model of the case fans? Are they all RGB?

Just making sure, but there is a fan plugged in to the Cpu Fan header?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Is anything plugged into your motherboard's included RGB headers?

2)The 3 Aigo RGB fans are plugged into the included controller, but what kind of power connector does the controller use and what is it plugged into? I can't find any good pictures of the controller online.

3)The cpu fan is plugged into the Cpu Fan header?

4)The 2 Deepcool fans are also RGB? What are they plugged into?

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
1)Is anything plugged into your motherboard's included RGB headers?

2)The 3 Aigo RGB fans are plugged into the included controller, but what kind of power connector does the controller use and what is it plugged into? I can't find any good pictures of the controller online.

3)The cpu fan is plugged into the Cpu Fan header?

4)The 2 Deepcool fans are also RGB? What are they plugged into?
Sorry, that's my old fan listed on there. Here is my new fans I now currently have https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HN199YJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I swear it was working just normally fine at the shop. Before I took it home!

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
  1. They are plugged into the 2 12v 4-pin RGB fan header
  2. And yes I am still using the LED strip which is being powered by one of the SATA connectors. I'm actually going to give the technician a call again and see if they can resolve it one more time tomorrow. Because he was a really good technician who solved this in no time at all, I will give him a call again and once I figure out what the problem is, I will reply back to you tomorrow night to let you know how it was resolved.